Invitation To All Guests Of PopUpPortal

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by themanfromvan, Jul 22, 2005.

1. kjcamper

kjcamper Member

I would have to say this is a very helpful site. You don't have to ask a question that you have if you search through old topics as a lot of times the question or problem you have many others have gone through it already. I may even attend a Rally in 2 weeks because of this site. The only Rally I attended once was with the Pontiac/Oakland club and we camped and went to a car show, was a lot of fun, I went as a guest of some friends of mine who had GTO's. Made a lot of new friends that I have talked to over the years since. Hopefully the PUP Rally will be good and we have good weather, although if anybody else that is going to the Wisconsin Rally know this, every time I go camping whether for a weekend or a week, we have at least 1 day of rain and it usually comes in the form of a thunderstorm. I believe when I saw this site as a guest I joined right away as it is very easy and even though I read stuff often I usually don't reply or post very often. As I am posting this I see there are 96 guests online right now, if they all join today that would be cool.

2. BratsMuttsNFish

BratsMuttsNFish New Member

2 thumbs way up [:D]

3. BratsMuttsNFish

BratsMuttsNFish New Member

We need a FB page.

4. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

I've been on here since February and I love this forum....definitely my favorite out of the few I belong to. I can't help but get on here every day. This forum is such a wealth of information in regards to p'up camping and just plain old camping in general. I love finding out something new....I love it when I can answer someones question(s) or just generally help someone out who's maybe new to camping....and of course, I love to talk...errr post about camping pretty much anytime I'm not actually actively camping.

Great, great, great forum!

5. udell

udell New Member

My husband and I just found this site and love it. We recently purchased a Coleman Utah Popup and are having the best time getting back into camping. We are semi retired backpackers, by that I mean, I am retired, but my husband still goes once a year. I have found that the mountains are steeper and the ground is much harder than it was 20 years ago, so I want a little luxury when camping and the pop up is perfect. I look forward to learning about where people like to camp and their experiences.

I would love to insert some photos, as my husband is a photographer, but am not able to figure out how. If you know how to do it, please advise.

6. LjohnSaw

LjohnSaw So many fish, so little time...

Welcome. You need to host your pictures somewhere like WebShots. There is no where here to upload pictures. Click on the Search tab at the top and type in Adding Pictures or something like that and you will see the steps. It is actually quite easy to do.

7. electronflux

electronflux Member

2nd that.

8. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

FB? Naw!!!

This is perfect just the way it is!

9. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

I like this idea. Why don't we go for it? :)

Campit

Hubby & Me
    2006 Rockwood Freedom
    2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax

10. tlgenterprises

tlgenterprises New Member

Let's keep this thread alive.

11. Bonniy

Bonniy arizona bred and born

wow, this thread is almost 7 yrs old, don't think i've ever seen a thread that keeps going like the energizer bunny,
    I agree lets keep it going

12. tlgenterprises

Keeping this alive.

13. mckollar

mckollar New Member

I joined 20 minutes ago! Hope you can help me get back on the road!

14. hotrod.nc

hotrod.nc New Member

I am new to your site and i love it ...
    reading pros and cons ...
    All the different comments ... suggestions

Shoot had it not been for this site i would have paid someone to help me with the few things i have done MYSELF thanks to your members

My suggestion Get a App for Droid i would be on here more often LOL
    Thanks for everything ...

15. mconn2112

mconn2112 New Member

[MOD]

Hi everyone! I am new to the this forum and a first time pop-up camper owner. I inherited a pop-up in my second (current) marriage and it seems to have a pretty serious mechanical issue. That being said, I am not a handy man type of guy ( can fix general around the house stuff) so I have no clue about the inner workings of these things. I have a 1993 Rockwood TR Coach (according to the title). Also, on the side by the door is the number 2380.

So the camper is in good shape, but the problem lies in the crank system and the roof support bar closest to the crank housing. I am going to attach some pictures to help give you some visuals. As I attach the removable crank and turn clockwise to raise the pop-up, there is a metal tube that goes along the crank housing floor (which is pretty dry rotted by the way) in which the spring hose that raises the camper passes through. So the metal tube has come loose because of the dry rot and is pushing into the side of the camper inside the crank housing, causing it to buckle out. This problem is also causing the spring hose not to keep the roof support bar locked in place. In other words, the support arm closest to the crank housing is sagging. When I lifted the roof to see if I could get it to click in place (hoping it would work) the spring hose fell out of the support arm and out through the bottom of the crank housing. I hope the pictures help. My wife and I were looking to sell it. We don't have the funds to restore it or possibly even repair it, but I thought maybe I could get an idea what it would take to fix (or quick fix it) to get it sold. I plan to let the seller know everything wrong with it, but with the rook sagging and the crank issue, I don't think anyone will want it like that. Please look at my pics and let me know if you need more info. I am hoping to get this done asap. Thank you ahead of time for any advice and help you could give me. I look forward to your responses!

~ M

16. smokn14

smokn14 camper4life

Its been awhile since I've been on here and it still looks good.. Went camping this weekend and the wind tore our canopy on our 1995 Fleetwood Royale Pop Up camper, anyone know where I can get another one? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks and happy camping to all. [PU]

17. tlgenterprises

canvasreplacement.com

18. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Download TapaTalk to your smartphone, tablet or laptop! I forget if it's $1.99 or $2.99, but I love it! Now whenever one of my "notify" topics gets a reply, I get notice of it and can read and reply right then and there. I just added two more forums for it to monitor for me! Good luck!!
    [:D]

19. Dennis Smith

Dennis Smith New Member

Not aney but still learning. Old saying i made up is stop learning and you stop livin

20. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

This is the BEST site I have ever seen for camping trailers, and it's solely for Pups!

Nothing lost by becoming a member, and trust me, after a while you won't think twice about "throwing a log on the fire".

Kudos to Steve, et al, for such a great place to go!

Baron
    Incheon, S. Korea