is anyone on ssdi?

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by stormspotter, Feb 8, 2009.

1. singledad

singledad New Member

The SSA is sending me to a psycologist for a mental exam. I am filing for physical disabiliies, weak muscles, possible cmt. Does this sound right what they are doing?

2. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

Actually it does make sense, unfortunately. DH gets a VA disability and he has to go to a head shrinker also.

3. singledad

singledad New Member

Thanks.

4. CANTget RIGHT

CANTget RIGHT New Member

yes this is how they do things. it takes along time , they try to weed people out cause they know alot people cant wait as long as they take to give it to you. average is 2 yrs . i know someone that was paralized from waiste down and they denied he twice.

5. singledad

singledad New Member

Dido, I've been fighting on and off since 97.

6. Tombstonebilly

Tombstonebilly New Member

[:O] I first got ssdi in 1992 when broke my neck when a 650lb. carpet came out of my truck and landed on my head [:O],my lawyers applied for me and I got my first check 3 months later. I started doing part time work in 2002 and it was stopped, then in 2005 I got a infected inner ear and it took away my hearing and loss of balance, I tried to apply myself and was turned down so I went back to the lawyer that got it for me the first time and 4-5 months later I got approved [:D]. So what I learned is to get a good lawyer that knows the system [;)]. BYT, he said it was because the doctor didn't give a proper report to SS.

7. flakeyspam

flakeyspam New Member

this summer I was finally approved I got a attorney because after a year and a half I was tired of the whole thing the attorney can only get paid if you win and they are limited in what they can get paid I recovered back pay for the entire year and a half as they go back to the day you applied