Is Chalet still in business?

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by cwiggs, Nov 17, 2021.

1. cwiggs

cwiggs Member

I ordered a part from Chalet's website in July and still haven't heard anything from them. I've called over 100 times, left voicemails, and emailed, no response. When you call their number it goes to voicemail and leaving a voicemail seems to do nothing. I know if says they are short staffed because covid, but 4 months with no response is a bit much.

Anyone happen to know what is going on with Chalet?

Thanks!

Hilldweller likes this.
  2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Have you checked with any known dealers?

3. Arruba

Arruba Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Not much activity on the net about them recently, or local or regional current news articles mentioning a closure or sale. A quick and dirty Google search for Chalet RV Albany Ore says they are permanently closed. Hitting the link from their Facebook page goes nowhere. I did just Google Chalet RV and their website came up. Site says as of 5/20 they are short staffed as mentioned. It’s also the last time Facebook had a post. If it is closed as suspected, hopefully it’s a restructuring or sale thing, not a gone out of business thing.

While I’m not a Chalet expert, I’m fairly confident they were selling factory direct, at least with the current owners/mgt, (Its been through a few). They have been business 20yrs +/-, so not really a startup. Best of luck getting some remedy.

cwiggs and Hilldweller like this.
  4. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

Arent they based in Washington state? What city? call the chamber of commerce or city hall and inquiry

5. Hilldweller

Hilldweller Well-Known Member

Before I settled on an Aliner I tried to contact Chalet for a while. This was back in February ---- still no contact.
    So they were foundering even back further.

6. cwiggs

cwiggs Member

I don't know of any dealers or I would. The chalet website doesn't list any dealers, they do have something called "ambassadors", but I filled out the form for that back in July and never heard from Chalet.

I found similar results, thanks for doing all that research.

I heard a lot of people say Chalet's were built better than Aliners, but not I'm regretting buying a Chalet since I've been waiting months to get a part. Plus I can't even talk to someone about how they assemble the skylight on their a-frames.

Hilldweller likes this.
  7. Arruba

Arruba Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Albany Oregon actually. I’d bet the Chamber of Commerce would know. Good idea.

8. TimAZ

TimAZ New Member

It would be ironic to say the least if they went OOB during this historic boom in RV sales volume. I tried to contact them by email over the Summer to get paint matching info, but the company never responded.

Hilldweller likes this.
  9. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I thought they went bankrupt once and were saved by some investors. As a smaller manufacturer I am guessing they may have struggled more with supply chain issues. Other than that I have not heard anything about them.