Is it against etiquette......

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by Greywuff, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Heady

Heady Active Member

I agree with asking at the camp office. Many of the state parks I have camped at, the waterfront spots specifically state in the site description "waterfront belongs to paid occupant, no public access". In these campgrounds there were other specific areas that were designed for water access.

2. MD Saga

MD Saga Pop-up journeymen

We were up at Shenandoah Nat'l Park last week. Tues - Thurs were fine, place was fairly empty and we had a nice older couple from Ontario next to us that understood what its like to camp with four young kids.

Friday, things changed. All the sites filled up, mostly with tents, few TTs, and another pop up. Suddenly we had kids walking right thru the middle of our site to get to the water spigot, which was easily accessible by the road. Then, late friday night, people arrive at the site across the street from ours, after 11 pm. They are fairly noisy and leave their car lights on a long time, shining on our camper. The next morning, as we are packing up to go, I see the guy run an extension cord from their tent to the restroom building, about 100 yards away. They were speaking Russian or another slavic language, so perhaps that wasn't too odd?

Glad we got out when the campground got full.

3. chiefbowes

chiefbowes Member

Back to jeepmoma. In NY the state "owns" 8 foot from average water level. This public access. There is a case here now on lake Ontario where the home owners do not want boaters in front of their cottages. this is going to be a ugly battle

4. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

You mean up at Winhall? not to worry though, as I do not plan on sitting around the campground much. I'll be on those nekkid bike rides we were talking about in the fun thing to do thread last spring. [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

Quote from: Old_Geezer on April 26, 2013, 11:49:07 AM

from Mamabean5, ummm... I think we're neighbors at an upcoming rally...{gulp} [:O]

Mamabean5, the September rally in Vermont will probably be on the cool site. The only underwear OG might be wearing will be thermals.LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. shawnba

shawnba Shitters full!!!

I agree with everyone on this link...consideration is the key. Talk to your camping neighbours and see if its cool with them if you can cross the site!

7. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Man, I think I'm next to you this weekend! [:D]