is it just me?

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by 88PUP, May 6, 2014.

1. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

How do you avoid that in KY [:D]

2. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

I laugh because its so true[emoji23]

3. higginskatie

higginskatie Member

It's the neighbor kids. Showing up, asking for our food, asking to use our toys, etc. I usually have a few toys that are share-able like balls or frisbees, but with food allergies a big issue now I refuse to feed other kids than my own. Sometimes they also just run up and climb in people's laps. That makes me nervous as I don't want the parents thinking I coerced them or something inappropriate was going on. Honestly, a lot of other people just don't watch their own kids and let them run wild. I don't let our kids do this and we keep an eye on them at all times.

4. rob2218

rob2218 New Member

Interesting.................because you go "away" to go 'camping' yet you are surrounded with 100 other folks who...well, want to be AWAY from people.....just like you.

It's simple. there are those whom you 'may' want to speak to and there are those whom you may not.......just be polite, state that you are kinda busy and really need to get the PUP setup. Then end the conversation with.........."Ok, you all have a great day ok but I got my work cut out"............................that's it.

Now....if you are one of those couples or folk who 'sit' right in front of your PUP to watch the mayhem that's happening right in front of you............sure, be prepared to have 2 or 3 folks come over and try to strike up a conversation. If you don't want to chat with anyone....then don't sit under your awning, lets sprawled out, beer in hand, in your lawn chairs, giving off body language of "open invites"............

Learn from the doggies.........no biting, more growling, some barking when its needed and most of all..........a WHOLE LottO "tail waggin" :)

5. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

I went boondocking on a farm the other day.. The owner visited, we had a few beers and the kids chased fire flys. It was quiet, there were no other campers.

6. Jflyboym

Jflyboym Member

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be antisocial but I'm somewhat introverted and am not comfortable acting like people I don't know at all are close friends and having them in my personal space ( ok I guess that is antisocial).

I think I want to meet more people and enjoy the company of my camping neighbors but when it comes down to it I choose to be aloof. I thought about attending one of the pup rallies but I wouldn't want to offend anyone. I guess if I was two or three beers in I could be a little more social :).

7. WillH

WillH New Member

You and I would get along well.

If someone were to intro us and make us talk to each other that is.... [:D]

8. nrg2brn

nrg2brn Member

begin discussing you anal fissures - in detail. provide pictures if available.

9. Jflyboym

Jflyboym Member

I guess I need to bring more beer :)