is it ok to take empty camp site fire wood

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by dave123, Jul 22, 2013.

1. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

I just don't think that it is proper etiquette to be scavenging all the empty campsites. If you show up at a campsite and there is a firewood there, that's awesome, but you shouldn't be scavenging around like a vulture.
    If you are not renting the campsite you should not be in the campsite. I don't like it when we have a nice private site with an empty site next to us and people cut through or hang around the empty site. People should stay in the common areas.
    You rent your site not all the sites.

2. Tacoma_Jim

Tacoma_Jim Member

I've also seen sites next to me that no one occupies and the wood they left is just getting wet. I'd say as long as it gets used up....it's all good.

3. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

Well 1380ken, I think that if you reread this thread you will see that your viewpoint is not supported by many folks here. Since you're in MA I doubt we'll ever cross paths but if we do I can say that it would be nice to have you in the campground because that would mean less competition for DW and me (especially DW) in the wood scrounging department.

4. gigi225

gigi225 New Member

I am one of those wood scavengers and don't apologize for it. I look for wood all the time I'm at the campground I'm staying at. I look for wood when I take a walk around the campground and when I walk on the trails. I am constantly picking up sticks to start the fire with, to keep it going or make the fire hotter. I am one those people that are constantly messing with the fire. I may have a problem. I might be a pyromaniac. Just saying.

5. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

As long as you say, "Just saying" it's alright. For example: If you are in Walmart and you say to the woman in front of you, "Wow lady, you got a big ass!" and she turns around and says, "Excuse me!" and you say "Just saying". It makes it alright.

6. gigi225

gigi225 New Member

I hope you understand that I am teasing about the pyromaniac. The wood scavenger is true though, and damn proud of it.

7. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Of course I know you are kidding, and just about everyone scavenges wood.

8. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

LOL tombiasi!!! I once told a real 'ass' of a man in WalMart to calm down before I called management. He was really abusing the little cashier gal who was totally flusterated and on the verge of tears. He, rather rudely asked my dh 'Can't you control your woman??' OMG. All I saw was red and proceeded to tell this jerk what a total bottom feeder he was. I left him speechless so I quickly added, 'Just sayin'.

Even the cashier cracked up, which sent the man spinning in his scooter......so he left. LOL

:D

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4

9. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Good for you!