Is it worth it to insulate the walls and floor?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by sidneyhop, Dec 27, 2019.

1. sidneyhop

sidneyhop New Member

Im redoing the inside walls and floor of my newly acquired pop up and wondering if its actually worth it to insulate the walls and floor?

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Won't see any real benefit with canvas walls..

3. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

Lots of people on this forum swear by Reflectix and Popup Gizmos. I have a roll of Reflectix on order, and hope to see how well it works, first dry weekend upcoming.

Hey, you're camping. If you're winter camping, have good sleeping bags and maybe a heater. Anything that gets you off the ground is going to help.

akriot likes this.
  4. davido

davido Active Member

Popup gizmos are the biggest bang for the buck. They do work to retain heat a little better than bare canvass in the winter, and are an essential in hot summers.

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

And if you do want to add something is the walls or floor ........ has to waterproof .... and not act like a sponge.

6. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Actual insulation is probably not much more useful than Popup Gizmos, PUGs bunk end liners of Reflectix or fleece around the bunk ends and over any windows without heavy drapes, as well as expanses of canvas. Rugs on the floor are very good too.
    We used the PUGs bunk end liners on a couple of trips, but didn't use them again, nor bother with Reflectix, because we liked being able to open the windows during the day (we can encounter huge temperature swings) The PUGs bunk end liners were very helpful when we had lows in the teens on one trip. For us, fleece clipped up around the bunk ends made more sense than Reflectix, since the fleece covered the entire wall, but was still somewhat breathable (helpful to reduce condensation). I was also able to clip fleece up across a section of wall where we would have had more problems using Reflectix.