Is there a way to hook up a cassette potty directly to sewer at site?

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by yarzy, Jun 8, 2015.

1. yarzy

yarzy Member

As the topic says, I would LOVE to be able to hook up the cassette holding tank directly to the sewer at a campground. Is there a way to do this? I would assume some cutting would be involved, etc, but I am not sure what else. Maybe some sort of pump? Any info would be great.

Thanks!

2. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

no

3. DigitalGuru

DigitalGuru Active Member

I would say anything is possible, but this would be a major retrofit. Since the discharge for the cassette is on top of tank, you've have to cut an opening in the bottom of the cassette tank, and cut a hole in the floor of the camper to pass the pipe through to the sewer line. If you were to go this route, I would remove the cassette tank if possible and just go straight to the sewer line. I'm not sure if the cassette flush will still function without the tank below it. I know it has some "guides" that inhibit opening the blade without the tank below it.

And keep in mind you would only be able to hook up to sewer after this conversion, no using the cassette without an attached sewer. I guess you could buy a second tank and have one modded for sewer and one standard. But with all the modding if anything goes wrong or leaks, you've got quite a mess on your hands and your campsite.

Good luck, let us know if you attempt it!

DG

4. E3 Junkie

E3 Junkie Greetings from Granada Hills, CA.

No, and what's worse, is there is the issue of cleaning out whatever pipe you use to accomplish this feat. There shouldn't be any issue with you emptying the cassette directly into a sanitary sewer in a space with full hook ups. It might stink for a few minutes, but that's about the extent of it.

5. jerbear

jerbear Active Member

the hose that you would use for a travel trailer or motor home will not work with a porta potty . Just dump it and have rinse water handy .

6. NorcrossFlyer

NorcrossFlyer Active Member

You can probably connect a hose from the cassette to the sewer opening. The problem with that is that it would probably overflow your potty right around the same time the waste starts working its way down the hose.