It fixed it self????

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by PopupG, Sep 1, 2011.

1. PopupG

PopupG New Member

Ok I have started a couple threads about how my lift system was very hard to lower (04 Fleetwood Sedona) got a couple tips to lube the lift arms, lube the wiffletree, ect... I did none of these things cause I have been too busy but today I lowered the roof and it was a smooth as silk, I mean it lowered so nice it took no effort at all! What the heck happened?

2. 1madscot

1madscot Member

It could be something as simple as a burr somewhere on the gears, or temperature differences allowing the parts to mesh better. Then again, maybe the pop-up fairy fixed it for you... [:D] I'd still get under there and lube those parts though.

3. Yellowkayak

Yellowkayak Popups.....when sleeping on the ground gets to you

X2

JJ

4. Dusty82

Dusty82 Active Member

X3

Gremlins aren't usually known for fixing stuff. I get nervous when things like that happen to me. [:D]

On a serious note, it's possible something was stuck in a place that was obstructing something else, and you might have cleared it out of the way temporarily by working the lift system up and down. Better to go ahead and check it all out to be sure.

5. dgeddes

dgeddes Member

I speak from experience here....a problem with the roof going up or down that seems to just go away is a harbinger of things to come.

6. riverwalker

riverwalker New Member

1st time i forgot to raise my stabs I noticed just how nice and smooth/easy the roof lowered. Manual says to raise when lowering or raising, the difference in ease makes me wonder if someone who wrote the manual was having a off day.

7. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Active Member

With the lift system on the Coleman/Fleetwood I would venture a guess that you had a stuck cable. Inspect them as close as you can and hope that there is no damage.If there is replace it.It isn't worth the risk.