IT IS NOT JUST BREAKFAST MEALS ANYMORE

Discussion in 'Healthy Outdoor Cooking' started by roybraddy, Dec 18, 2018.

1. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Jimmy Dean has come out with STEAK MEALS now... I'm still waiting for them to show up at our favorite WALMART...

[​IMG]
    Google image

I will add this to my many Jimmy Dean Breakfast meals... Great for cooking up for one person...

The plastic bowls has many uses for camping as well...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

nineoaks2004, Byrd_Huntr and jnc like this.
  2. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

we got Jimmy Dean restaurant in Newhall, CA!

3. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

YUM !

4. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Jimmy Dean is great stuff.

5. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Roy's in heaven! [:D]
    Jimmy ought to start sending you coupons for all your good publicity!

kcsa75 likes this.
  6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Sounds good, I will have to keep a check in my local PIG grocery store and of course Wally World. Thanks for sharing

7. roybraddy

I made a WALMART run this afternoon picking up more pills from the pharmacy. I checked the JIMMY DEAN area in the grocery area and did see some Jimmy Dean SKILLET packages that I have not seen in the there before. This is a bag of good eating in a medium sized package. You dump into a SKILLET and stir fry... This serves up to four people I think I read on the package... They only had one item which was breakfast food.... Hopefully this means they are starting to get the Jimmy Dean newer items on display now...

Roy Ken...

8. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

10211967652960223.jpg
    Here's my Jimmy Dean sausage on the Coleman stove...

arge likes this.
  9. roybraddy

Byrd_Huntr - I take it the four sausage patties and the stuff to the right is what is in a SAUSAGE SKILLET package??? Looks good....

This is what I saw in WALMART yesterday...
    [​IMG]
    Google image

I have a feeling you have added the EGGS and FOUR SAUSAGE Patties to what is in the SKILLET package to cook up on the coleman stove...

Looking at your photo I really don't see the same contents on the pictures I have here of the various Jimmy Dean Sausage SKILLETS available... Where did your contents come from - that looks really good...

Roy Ken

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  10. nineoaks2004

Looks really good, I think Pebbles and I might give it a try if they ever get the campgrounds open after the hurricanes. Thanks for sharing
    Roy F

11. roybraddy

I like what I see in Byrd_Huntr 's photo but I don't know what he has put together there... I don't think you can get that whole setup out of one Jimmy Dean bag...

I am thinking he has added the eggs of course but also has added the four sausage patties separately. Perhaps the items to the right all comes from a Jimmy Dean package like maybe the SKILLET line... I went looking on-line at all of the photos showing their SKILLET line and really don't see the exact packaged up items he is showing the right of his photo...

I got caught on this at WALMART the other day... They had a some package deals that showed pre-cooked steak meals. The picture on the package shows a real nice setting of small pieces of steak mixed in with onions, peppers, etc but when I got home and opened the package all I had was the small pieces of steak meat. Where do you find the added onions, peppers, etc in the store ???

Just trying to come with an easy way to make a meal for one or two persons on the trail somewhere...

I liked what I saw in Byrd_Huntr's photo but really haven't figured out yet how he made up that fine looking meal for one or two persons to eat being cooked up in his Coleman Stove top... That was exactly what I was looking for haha...
    [​IMG]
    Byrd_Huntr's image

I did go looking where the Lettice and salad makers where being shown on display at WALMART and did find a small plastic container of a bunch of that so maybe I can make up something like Byrd_Huntr was showing... Didn't have all that he was showing in his photo but some of it... Would love to find a source all that he had mixed up being cooked in a bag somewhere and then just pour out what I need to add with my eggs and bacon or sausage... It could be all of this comes from one of the many Jimmy Dean's SKILLET packages... They have some ten or so different packages in their SKILLET line...

I'll figure it out soon haha...
    Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

12. nineoaks2004

I went online to Wally World and put in Jimmy Dean meals and there is a crap load of them listed, but as you stated most of them are breakfast meals and a lot of skillet meals too and they have them in stock. I will check in person in a couple of day when i get to Dothan.
    Roy F

13. roybraddy

I got a picture of Byrd_Huntrs meal on me and will show it to the WALMART folks next time I go down there haha...
    Our FOOD LION store carries even a bigger line for Jimmy Dean than WALMART does - haven't looked there yet...

We used to find all kinds of goodie camping food on the East side of Montgomery back in my working days … Spent a lot of time at a place north of Montgomery outside of Wetumpka just north of the Jordan lake at a Space Surveillance transmitter site... I camped at a military resort place on anther big lake north of Wetumpka - forgot the name of it now haha... They let me drag my camper along on many trips... Work all week and camp on the weekends driving back to Virginia...

I was hoping for Byrd_Huntr to answer my questions about his cooking - guess he has got busy and hasn't seen the comments yet. Guess I could send him a PM...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

14. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

For the Jimmy Dean diehards, a Chrismas tree ornament. You can even get sausage scented wrapping paper.
    [​IMG]

15. Byrd_Huntr

Sorry, I just saw your post....I just bought a chub of Jimmy Dean regular sausage from Walmart, and one green pepper, one onion, and one potato and cut them up myself at the campsite with a couple eggs. If you can find Yukon Gold potatoes (Walmart has them in MN) they are best. Baby reds will work too, and you don't have to peel either of them. Peppers, potatoes and onions just stay in in the bag in the back of my truck until time to use them. Easy and cheap, and you get a lot when you add some eggs and sausage. I keep a small shaker of seasoned salt and pepper in my camper. It was plenty for me and my wife. The bag breakfast you posted looks good too. I'm going to try it next time.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  16. Byrd_Huntr

17. roybraddy

Thanks for explanation... I was thinking you had a full JD bag of something... We do what you have done a lot when camping adding things to some packaged meals we have got...

Momabear does all of that haha... When I am by myself it most often comes out of a can hehe...

One trip I had picked up several pre-cooked hamburger patties and mixed those in with a big helping of pork-n-beans... The neighbors dog caught a whiff of that and here he comes haha... Me, the neighbor camper and the dog finished that meal off haha...

Roy Ken

Byrd_Huntr likes this.
  18. Byrd_Huntr

I was camping by myself one time and I had plans for a big, hearty flame-cooked breakfast. When the time came and I thought about all the work and dirty dishes, here is what I ended up having....

IMG_1198.JPG

neighbormike likes this.
  19. roybraddy

That's what happens to me too.... Coffee and Hard candy hehe...

That's why I was trying to locate an easy packaged way to do it... i.e. just pour out what I need...

I haven't given up yet on Jimmy Dean's skillet meals... Just have figured out yet what is in those ten or so skillet packages... I know I can get just meat packages of several different things but need to find something to mix in with them by just pouring out of a bag hehe...

I got a couple of those POWER BOWLS that were kinda interesting... You can dump that out on a griddle and do some sir fry things with it...

I'm just too lazy to bring alone some onions and potatoes and peppers to cut up at the site haha...

I've got some good ideas from you guys however so will come up with something that's works for me I'm sure...

When I was camping in North Texas I always went to a store o Southwest Parkway in Wichita falls TX and they had a whole section of pre-cooked meals.. You just warmed them up in a skillet … Can't remember the name of the store how haha... Also use to eat the Army food packs but only a couple of those where worth eating haha...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

20. roybraddy

Momabear just brought a big plate of beans and cornbread she has been cooking in a big pot this afternoon... Will be tooting Silent Night pretty soon I bet hehe...

Roy Ken