IT IS NOT JUST BREAKFAST MEALS ANYMORE

Discussion in 'Healthy Outdoor Cooking' started by roybraddy, Dec 18, 2018.

1. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Probably won't be a silent night then.

2. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

Have you tried the Uncle Bens rice packets? Several flavors and you just heat and eat. I like the red beans and rice packet, but the others are good too. You can add canned meat if you want to. I get them at Walmart for about a buck. download.jpg

3. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Haven't tried that yet but did see those the last time I was wandering in the food section at out local Walmart Food Store...

Roy Ken

4. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Been craving corn bread! Just made a big batch of chili the other day... will be making some jalapeño corn bread to accompany it!

5. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Same here on Corn Bread... My mom used to make a lot of corn breads meals when I was a youngster living back in Southern Illinois... It was almost pioneering days back in the 50s there... You haven't lived until you put in a corn field using horses... I guess that was the only time I saw my dad cry was when we all moved back to a little town in southern Ill and dad had to let his two horses go. He did good until they both looked back at him when they was being hauled away...

My dad was born and raised in a place called Horse Creek in Jefferson County Illinois...

Roy Ken

6. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Wow! It's hard to imagine having to go through that type of change... Surprised it was like that in the 50's! I was fortunate enough to hear some of my grandfather's tales of growing up in Northern Wisconsin (circa 1914)... definitely a different world!!