It's gone.

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by mspontiac, Aug 15, 2012.

1. mspontiac

mspontiac Member

We joined the dark side a couple of weeks ago, and today a dear friend came and purchased our pop-up. We walked her through the set-up process and said good-bye to our little camper. We had a lot of fun times in it, and while I'm sure we'll make great memories with the new travel trailer, I think the pop-up will always be remembered as the special one that started it all.

I actually got misty-eyed as I watched it pull away. I'm still misty-eyed as I type this! [:!]

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

I thought seeing our first pup go to a new home would be more difficult than it ended up being. It went to someone who really wanted it, and we'd already had 3 trips in the new one, so it was all good.

I'm sure you'll have a fond place in your memories for the pup, but there's now time to make new ones in the new camper.

3. mspontiac

mspontiac Member

You're right...it was fun watching her little girl's expression as she went in and out of the pup, saying, "this is going to be fun, I'm so excited!" <3 [CP]

4. Lauren5280

Lauren5280 Member

Sad for you but exciting for them! Just imagine how much fun you're ole girl is gonna give that family! Enjoy your TT...

5. regis101

regis101 New Member

You'll be back. They always come back.

So go, for now. Go try the rest and you will see that camping in a PUP is truly the best.

Happy trails,

6. jjkach

jjkach New Member

It is always sad to see our camper leave and go to new home! Memories will be made with the new family! Great seeing the excitement in child when they are going camping! Hope you enjoy your new camper!

7. TwoHappyCampers

TwoHappyCampers New Member

I was sad to see our first pup go to a new home. When we traded in the second one, I didn't feel the least bit sad. I was ready to move on. I still love pups and may return one day (or just get one in addition to the TT). For now the TT fits our needs better.

8. papachaz

papachaz New Member

maybe, maybe not. we had the GA Fall Rally this past weekend. We stayed an extra day. My wife and I both commented at the exact same time, while watching some of the others have to break down camp with all the work of the pop up, "i'm so glad we don't have to do all that work"

I have to admit, I just don't miss it at all. Love my full size refrigerator, making my own ice in the freezer, taking a shower without having to wear flip flops.....nope, don't miss the work at all. it rained while we were there, and I didn't have to worry about setting it up to dry when I got home, don't have to set it up to load or unload......

not everyone who leaves popups comes back :)

9. jjkach

jjkach New Member

Papa, you sound like happy camper that really enjoys his camper! :)

10. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Years ago the DW and I were tent camping, on the "go home day" it was raining (thunderstorms) and we had to pack up the tent and all it's contents, so after having a wet breakfast under the tarp over the picnic table, we began the very long process of pack things up, while trying to keep them dry and then rush them to the car while trying to keep them dry...when across from us, we watched another family wake up later then us, eat breakfast under their awning and proceed to have their pup fully packed up and hitched in less time then it had taken us...right then and there we decided we were going to upgrade to a pup one day.... Forward a few years, and we were again breaking camp during a thunderstorm, this time we saw the folks across from us get up (appear outside) about an hour before checkout and in 30 minutes they had their TT packed, hitched and were climbing into their tv to head off... Right then we decided next trailer would be a hardside and all I can say now looking back is I love out TT.. don't get me wrong all the fun and memories we have of camping in tents and progressing to pups, I wouldn't trade them for anything, but being able to sleep all night and not have someone wake me up to do a 3am bathroom run is worth the cost of the TT alone ... also being able to spend time around the cg before we have to pack up and leave is great too...