I've got a fever....

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Bullfrog Bheer, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Active Member

....and the only prescription is......MORE CAMPING!

I wanted to post this Monday, but I have been too busy.

I must be addicted. We just got back from our last outing of the year and already the next day at work, I'm daydreaming about camping next season. What weekend we want to go and where. It's too early to be longing to camp next year already....it's a long winter.

Anyway, we had a great weekend. We went to Vista again. It was pretty much empty except for the seasonals. That's the best way...nice and quiet. A little chili at night with everything covered in frost in the morning, but we had the furnace running on the lowest setting and the mattress pad heaters and it was fine. It's hard to believe we were at this same place for the rally only a month ago and swimming, and now I'm breaking my cup of the top of my Igloo outside because it's frozen down. Went on a hayride on Saturday to a huge cornmaze. Took us over an hour to find our way thru that.

This trip to Vista was bittersweet. The wife's parents have been seasonals at Vista for better than 30 years. They informed us this weekend that because of a health issue, that they are going to sell and close up for good this fall. It was pretty hard on the wife with her pretty much growing up at that CG in the summer. It's very hard to imagine them not being there anymore. I guess anytime something happens to drive home the harsh reality that your parents have gotten old, it's a hard pill to swallow.

2. Twisty

Twisty New Member

Laurel put a magnet on the fridge that says this
    "Don't cry because it's over - Laugh because it happened!"

It is a jagged little pill...
    My Dad is fading away from us, drifting toward another place [:!] - he gave me the outdoors bug.

3. Beckiec4

Beckiec4 New Member

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] for more cowbell! [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

4. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I can certainly understand the camping fever thing. I am pretty well fixated on my Spring trip right now.

5. jamona2311

jamona2311 New Member

LOL beckiec4!!!!! The first thing i thought of was for more COWBELL!!! [LOL]

6. cico7

cico7 Friend request denied.

why stop now? camping is not seasonal. I like camping in the winter,
    waking up to find a covering of snow.

Your camping could just change like the weather.

7. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

For your fever take 2 aspirin and call the doc in the morning [:D]

8. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than wake up to find a covering of snow.

Seriously, each to his/her own but I really hate cold and snow (one of the reasons I left Minnesota). I can deal with it if it happens to me unexpectedly but I would never seek it out.