Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Jan 1, 2022.
I just used up my one good idea for the year. Its all downhill from here! Lol. Hope it works out.
Nice deal they are usually over 100. I think the same company makes most just branded differently. Mine looks the same but not frigidaire.
@Groomporter Bulldog sells a jack just like the one you have but with a removable wheel/baseplate.
Thanks! I'll probably go that direction if modifying the current one doesn't work out
Picked the Retro up from the shop, after having the waste valves replaced. Now the driveway looks right, it looked empty without the trailer.
We had our aliner in down position because of wind, we put it back up wiped off the sloppy snow, and wanted to stay inside of it, looks so good.
Looks like an aliner now!
we reworked two of our blackout-insulating window covers, and added two more velcro points to one of them (we use Velcro disks screwed to the thin ply inside surfaces on our roof and walls)
I ordered a new battery from Goal Zero for the Yeti 150 storage battery. I realized it was flatter than usual after being unplugged for 2-3 weeks. We're trying to remember just how long we've had it, I think we bought it when we still had the popup, or one of the first seasons with the travel trailer, which we've had for 7 years. Seems like it's had a good run, and I'd hate to get out on the first trip and find it had been time to replace it.
We went camping at the Lake for a week. Lots of good weather and found a nice camping spot at the lakeshore. We used 3 sets of Tri-Lynx levelers and a set of wheel stop-n-chocks. It was almost 1 foot unleveled. Worked well leveling KODI. Also, we used the Camco aluminum adjustable step since KODI’s steps were higher than usual due to the 1 foot height added at the lakeshore due to the incline. Glad we purchased two additional sets of Tri-Lynx levelers, Wheel Stop & chock and Camco step since our last trip at the lake. The Camco step works better than plastic models. It’s solidly built and won’t break easily like plastic models.
Installed the sportrack roof rack on the pup. As well as the swagman bike racks. Added and extra screw on each bracket, and made sure to use Butyl tape at all screw holes. Seems to be very strong. I also welded the cross bars with some angle iron at the center joints to help with sagging since it is maxed out on the width.
Finally got my Renogy Li SmartBattery firmware upgrade installed (by actually following the instructions!).
I looked up our purchases on REI, and found that we'd purchased the Yeti 150 storage battery in April, which means we got 6 full seasons out of the original battery in it. Not bad for something we've used pretty heavily. We didn't maintain its predecessor (a previous model) well and that lasted a much shorter time, so I'm happy with this.
Took a couple of things out to the trailer, and remembered to open the fridge doors so it stays aired out while turned off.
After the a snowstorm with 40 mph gusts, I opened the door to have a look. As expected, I found the wind had driven about an inch of snow in at the door corners.