Jax camping in Dec

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Crysalin, May 24, 2017.

1. Crysalin

Crysalin New Member

We are in the planning phase to come to Jacksonville around Dec 10. Mostly we will be there for the Jax/Sea football game.

Any recommendations for where to stay? What are some of the better spots at those sites? We have a 24' extended PUP and there could be anywhere from 4-8 people at the site. Electrical is a must, water is nice, but sewer is not required. Would like nice bathroom facilities, maybe water access, and a park for kids. Please share your spots!

Thanks!

2. SHFL

SHFL Active Member Silver Supporting Member

3. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

+2 Hanna park. was there 2 years ago, elec, and I believe we had water. Clean restrooms. Just outside a navy base

4. Crysalin

Crysalin New Member

I have looked at Hanna Park. It was recommended by a co worker who use to live out there also. I was hoping to see if there were other options, but Hanna park does seem to be one of the better options for our stay.

5. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Sorry this is so late, I've been off site for several weeks. There are several choices if you can book them yet...
    www.Floridastateparks.org and look at...
    Ft. Clinch (Fernandina Bch.) a wonderful place an rich in Civil War history as the Fort is always staffed with rein-actors.

Little Talbot Is. SP off A1A and is a short walk/bike ride to the beach.

Anastasia Bch., SP in St. Augustine is gorgeous if you can get a spot.

Gamble Rogers SP / Flagler Bch., just south of St. Augustine, I've never been there but I understand it's quiet and beautiful

If you want to stay about an hour away but some place special there is Jekyll Island in GA but fabulous.
    There's also a KOA and other Private CG's nearby.

I hope this helps.

6. Crysalin

Crysalin New Member

Thanks for this info. We've decided to just stay at a hotel for the Jax-Sea football game this time. Husband would prefer it since it will be Dec.