Jayco Door Issue

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Hammer_2012, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Hammer_2012

Hammer_2012 New Member

Hey everyone,

I have a 2007 Jayco 1206, and the door frame doesn't stay in place very well when it's installed. The door itself works fine, but the frame keeps coming out of place on one side. There are two white plastic "turn latches" on each side of the frame, but on the one side the latches don't come close to holding the door frame in place. I've attached a few photos below.

Anyone else have this issue or come up with a fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gerryrobinson

gerryrobinson New Member

Does it get worse (more gap) when someone is on the bunk end closest to this side of the door? If so, this might be a case where the wall framework is detatching from the flooring next to the door. This seems to be a common issue. Check out this thread: http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=51453.0

3. WeRJuliIan

WeRJuliIan If it's "Aluminum", why not "Sodum" and "Uranum"?

I've noticed a similar issue, if I'm careless with levelling, especially fore-to-aft (see my post about not believing cheap levels... :) )

Could that be your problem?

4. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Well-Known Member

Make sure that your piano hinge is firmly attached along the whole length of the door and check any other screws and attachments to make sure they are where they should be. Proper camper height and leveling are also issues that need to be looked at.

5. COdreaming

COdreaming New Member

Mine does the same thing (2009 Jayco 1206). I've recently discovered that if I move the roof towards to door, the gap closes up. I either have a weird roof lean, or something else going on. I'm going to try tinkering with it to see what I can do. I've also thought about taking those turn knobs off and replacing them with the turn style locks you see on windows, that way it pulls the gap closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

This was our issue a couple times as well, last year. We've gotten very good with levelling and never had an issue since.

7. Hammer_2012

Hammer_2012 New Member

That was with the trailer levelled (even double checking the level with 2 different levels). The system seems a little under designed but I'll try playing around with the roof to see if that helps.

Cheers

8. Jayko

Jayko Jayco 141J aka Big Bertha

Try cranking on your stabilizers a bit harder to see if you can close the gap?

I know, I know, stabilizers are just that, for stabilization.

If you can close the gap with the stabilizers on the gap side of the box...it seems your wall may be detaching from the floor.