Jayco Lift Repair - Rotten Floor

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by kennedyma, Jul 14, 2019.

1. kennedyma

kennedyma Member

I found some floor rot in a shake down trip the other day. I have a feeling it’s been there a long time but I never noticed it. This trailer is new to me as of last October and my guess is I bought it like this.

The rot was in the front left corner right were the front left lift pulley attaches. The rot was so bad that the pulley pulled right through the floor.

Rather then start ripping apart the camper I used a metal plate to shore it all up. Is it perfect, nope. Does it work, yep! It should get us through the season and most likely next next few years.

Forgot to get before pics but here is an after. All that’s left is to hit it with some black spray paint.

Attached Files:

EmilyW likes this.
  2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Looks like a great workaround!

3. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Still need to stop the leak that caused the rot.

4. kennedyma

kennedyma Member

Yes, I’ve tried to find it using a hose but haven’t been able to. I have a gut feeling it was the sink but I could be wrong.

5. ZEIDa

ZEIDa New Member

Have the same problem and just got back from camping. Finished buying a tent ... can you please tell more details , how did you get rid of the rot wood? How thick ist the metal plate? Have a jayco 1007 from 2010... didn't expect that .we've bought it last summer . Thank you

EmilyW likes this.
  6. durhamcamper

durhamcamper Active Member

It's possible it could have been the sink, but it takes quite a bit of water for the floor to have rotted. Many factors will affect how water can enter a pup. How level it is at the time to allow intrusion, roof up or down etc. Also, sometimes where water enters follows a path along a channel before it actually hits an area where it causes damage. I would try again with a hose or sprinkler just to be sure.