Jayco Quest removing air conditioner

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by oldcold, Jun 4, 2016.

1. oldcold

oldcold New Member

I'm going to take off the AC unit on a Jayco 10Z I bought. Any advice on what to use on that size hole in the roof.

2. Barefoot311

Barefoot311 Member

What about replacing with a regular vent? The holes are sized the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Add a 14" roof vent and fan.

I spent a little more than necessary on a Fantastic vent and added a 200 mm 166 cfm computer fan. http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=73324

Alternatively, you can get a vent with fan or just install a plain vent and add a Heng's Vortex II multi speed fan. Plenty of YouTube vids that show how to install a roof vent.

4. oldcold

oldcold New Member

I was hoping that was the answer. I haven't done it yet but we mainly camp off the grid and have almost no use for the AC unit. Probably get rid of the Onan generator and 6 gallon gas can (150 lbs combined) also.

5. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

If you want to reduce power consumption and conserve battery power, swap out the incandescent light bulbs for LED's. [;)]

We can tough out the two trips a year where A/C would be nice but the vent fan is pretty much a necessity for us.

Note that the vents with little fans usually make a lot of noise but don't move more than 33 cfm. Fantastic fan vents are pricey but have all the bells and whistles and move about 300 cfm. That's like a 10mph breeze.