Jellystone Mammoth Cave, Cave City, KY

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by Rusty2192, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

We stayed at Jellystone Mammoth Cave for the first time last week. This place is great for kids. They have 2 pools, a splash pad, and now a big beach (more of a lake with a liner and trucked in sand). The new Wibit inflatable obstacle course on the lake is a blast for kids and adults.

The campground is only about a 10 minute drive from Mammoth Cave National Park, which is the largest known Cave system in the world.

The campground is nice and is a mix of W/E and full hookup, with a few primitive tent sites thrown in. We were lucky and were assigned a site at the front across from the pool and within easy walking distance of all of the activities. If you end up in the back section, a golf cart rental is almost needed.

The sites in the bottom right quadrant (Sunshine through Cindy) were my favorites and this section has paved roads. The left sections were all gravel and very dusty. Those are mostly 50 amp sites, so they were dominated by big rigs.

One nice thing is all of the cabins available if you have friends or family that want to come along but don’t have a camper of their own.

They are working on an expansion right now to add something like 75 more sites and 50 more cabins.
    We will definitely be back.

668492DE-7E03-4110-A8A8-0BD4B9C45AA0.jpeg

bmcomer likes this.
  2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Sounds like y"all hit the mother load :) I do not have kids anymore, but they would have had a great time. I bet the kids are already bugging you for the next trip. Sounds like a family type of CG so the whole family can enjoy as there is something for everyone and it is huge.
    Every Day camping is a new adventure
    Good Luck and Keep on Camping

3. Grizzly_Wayne

Grizzly_Wayne Member

We are looking at this campground for a possible trip next year. Thanks for the review! Sounds great!

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Thanks for the review. I first looked at the available sites in the park and saw there were no larger sizes at the time. Didn't realize the KOA was only 10 min from the park. Good to know in case I can't find something in the park itself. I can always stay at the KOA.

5. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

Cave City, KY Jellystone is awesome...... and expensive.
    All October weekends are Halloween themed and a real good time.

6. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

That it is. Not something we’ll be doing all the time, but it will be worth the occasional splurge for us.

A coworker has been going to one of the Halloween weekends in a cabin for over 10 years now and never stops talking about it. We’ll probably give that a try sometime. He was actually a large part in convincing us to go.