Jellystone, north java

Discussion in 'New York' started by hr@thepod, Jun 28, 2014.

1. hr@thepod

hr@thepod Member

Ok first time out with the NTU pup. First time reviewing a campground so bear with me.
    This is a family/very kid orientated cg, so if your looking for piece and quiet this isn't the place. Although it was surprisingly quiet after 10-11pm.

The water park was great, nice separate pool, sand beach with swim area at the lake(large pond), canoes,kayaks, paddle boats. There's a pedal cart track, basketball court. Multiple horseshoe pits in different areas. Two playgrounds. a brand new 9 hole mini golf course. A store/snack bar. Arcade. Golf cart rentals. And a big recreation center with crafts and activities. Use of everything is included with your site rental(some crafts did cost money usually something nice you could take home). Yes sites are a bit pricier but I believe worth it.
    All the bathrooms were kept surprisingly very clean considering how many people were there.

Nothing was ever really too crowded as it seemed like people moved around in waves. We did too. Kids tired of water park lets go mini golf then pool then kayaks then arcade and so on. The rec center was nice with board games they'd loan out and many activities. Everything was within nice walking distance.
    The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was hard rain for about an hour right upon our arrival and they were out grading the roads before the rain was even done.

My only complaint be they could use another bathhouse at the other end of our loop. We were on site 2 and close to the bathhouse but the row went to site 24 and that would have been too long a walk for my little ones. If we would have been down by 24 I would've rented a golf cart as the sites were a bit further from everything(bathrooms,pools, activities).

We had a fantastic time. My 4yo asked if we could live there. We knew what to expect so all the big rigs, kids zipping all over on carts and mini bikes didn't bother us. We got a water,sewer,electric site cause that was what was available the days we wanted. And ended up loving the sites location. Sites were a tad small for my liking but probably typical size.
    We will be going back!

2. KINGNOTHIN6

KINGNOTHIN6 New Member

First review was spot on. Tons of stuff for the kids and the staff is terrific. The crown jewel is the water park, it is unlike anything I have ever seen at a campground. My only complaint is the sites, they pack you in tight almost like a parking lot. Oh and lots and lots of huge rvs...lots.

3. hr@thepod

hr@thepod Member

We returned this year early in July.
    Many improvements. A new bathhouse at the backside where one was definitely needed. New RC car track. Pedal cart track redone. New bocce courts. New gaga ball ring. Redone horseshoe pits.

Still pricey and very busy. We went mid week to avoid the crowds.

All in all still a blast for families.

4. RugerRedhawk

RugerRedhawk Member

Do they charge extra for stuff like pedal carts, mini golf, etc...? What about the water park?

5. hr@thepod

hr@thepod Member

No extra charge for any activities. Some crafts like tie dye shirts cost a fee.
    Water park included and open from memorial day to labor day.

6. peterparker520

peterparker520 New Member

Me my wife and son(8 years),love this park...there are tons of activities for kids and adults...went there twice this year...not much to add from the others posts, just wish they took better care of the washrooms near the waterpark...overal great place ...