Jellytone Park at Riverbottom Farm

Discussion in 'South Carolina' started by El.Rakeman, May 31, 2015.

1. El.Rakeman

El.Rakeman New Member

Family and I took our NTU Rockwood out to this park a couple of weeks ago, and it was a great experience! The park was not packed full. They put the popups near the tent campers, which isn't a bad thing in my book, since we were about 75 yards from the bath house and 60 feet from the playground. They had plenty of activities for the kids, from an electronic scavenger hunt (taking digital pictures of stuff around the campground) to meeting Yogi and Boo-boo for the Pledge of Allegiance in the morning!

Bath houses/bathrooms were well kept and clean, and the grounds were in super shape. Our campsite was sort of out in the middle of the sun, but we had the awning out. Larger campers were backed in around the perimeter of the campground and had more shade, but were stacked in next to each other pretty close. There was a pretty good sized pool and three fishing ponds. The ponds were catch and release, and I caught the biggest bluegill I have ever caught off my first cast...the way it bent my fly rod, I thought I had a good sized bass.

Campers could buy in on the pancake breakfast, $5/head for three large pancakes, some sausage and a drink...hard to beat! DW and DDs played "Candy Bar Bingo" and brought home dessert!

It was a great experience, especially for first-timers!

http://www.riverbottomfarms.com/

2. campinggordons

campinggordons New Member

This is under 5 miles from our home. Wished I would've seen this earlier we could've dropped by and said Hi!

3. El.Rakeman

El.Rakeman New Member

I've already been told that we are going back, not a matter of "if", but "when"! Too hot to go now...

El Rakeman
    2013 Rockwood 1970, chasing a 1999 F150 hauling me, Mrs El Rakeman, Peaches, Gozer The Destructor and Harper the mini-wiener dog.

4. campinggordons

campinggordons New Member

PM me and I'll give you my Facebook info. always looking for more camping friends.

5. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

This is less than a hour drive from our house and we were driving near so we stopped to check it out. Still looks like a Jellystone park, but they have dropped the franchise. The lady at the counter was pleasant and happy to answer questions and allowed us to drive through the park. Full hookup sites are around the outside of the loop with water and electric sites for tents and PUPs are on the inside of the loop near play area and bath house. A few of the w/e sites have a little shade, but look a bit bigger than the full hookup sites. Grounds looked well kept and lots of campers on a summer Saturday afternoon, but some sites available. Added to our quick get away trip list.

William Freeman likes this.