JT Strong arm

ShanegoDave

Feb 27, 2014
I get some movement Rocking in my fifth wheel while walking around, I am chocked pretty well I think. I am thinking about investing in purchasing a JT Strong arm setup , I been reading reviews, but see both pro and cons , just wondering if anybody here has first hand knowledge on this product ? What’s your thoughts?

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
I dont, but i dont have a TT also. Do you chock both sides of the camper? I feel that helps a ton with the TT. Some here have used something simmiler to the one you listed( if not the same one) and like it.

WrkrBee

Super Active Member
May 23, 2018
South Carolina
Guess I'm different. We have a small travel trailer. I know it's on chocked wheels, stabilized by poorly made stilts, so I expect a little movement. It's not like we're square dancing in it. Still better than the tent I spent 20 years in.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
In both popups and the 17' TT we have, I definitely notice vibrations from walking around. In large part, I think that's because we live in a house built on a concrete slab, and it's a camper made of thin walls and studs. We do our best to stabilize. The Strongarm looks like more set-up work, and most of the time, I'm fine as it is. Now, using the trailer at stops on the road, with no stabilizing - that can set off my vertigo.
Since our trailer is small, we have discovered a couple of things that help - first, we use a stack of Lynx leveler blocks under the tongue jack. We didn't get a new jack after having the trailer lifted with a new axle. The stack reduces how much cranking we have to do, and the jack wiggles less if it's not extended out a lot. We also use at least one Lynx block and cap under the stabilizers, which do have sand pads, on most surfaces. Very level concrete sites are an exception, and a rare one. It helps spread out the weight on the ground, and helps with soft ground, etc. We often use a stack of blocks, again, the stabilizers work best when not extended to far - ours are the ones on an arm, not scissor style.

ShanegoDave

Feb 27, 2014
Thanks! I think I’m going to try x chocking both low and high side, that should stop the front to rear movement, then see if I get any side movement , may look into the Bal one .

shelmily

Super Active Member
Jun 7, 2012
Northeast Pennsylvania
I installed the BAL versions on my hybrid when we had it. The difference they make are night and day. We bought a 36 ft TT a year and a half ago and it came with the JT Strong Arms from the factory. I would never own another camper without them. Set up is a simple turn of a tightening bolt (BAL) or T-handle (JT). The arms stay attached to the levelers permanently, you only need to tighten or loosen the lock. I personally use X-chocks and JT's and I would never own another camper without them.