July 2021 - What did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Jul 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

What? No pics???

hayyward, firepit and Trina15 like this.
  2. RhythmScience

RhythmScience Member

I'd gotten a Rhino tank to collect grey water from the shower (shoilet) that's located just to the right of the door. However, it's not wonderful having that tank sitting right by the door and it occurred to me that it wouldn't be practical when we have full hookups to run a 3" hose from there under the camper and over to the sewer drain. So, based on ideas from the portal, I used some 1 1/2" ABS to plumb that drain to the back side of the camper. Might have to set up in camp driveway to test it out before our next trip. (I need to practice my Navy shower technique, anyway. Between the DW and I, we fill the tank between us and I have to empty the silly thing every day.)

Trina15 and DiamondGirl like this.
  3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

@kcsa75 - we've had a Progressive EMS for 6+ years, knowing what we've encoutnered since we've had it for the TT, I wish we'd had it for the pup, as few electrical amenities as it had. We've had it cut power for low voltage at home (after a wide-spread outage, even though we never lost power), and away. I've had it not let power through due to unsafe conditions at the power column, and we had one site where I watched the display get close to the point where it would have cut power for high voltage. Another handy thing is that I know what our base amp pull is.
    We left the original one behind on the power column last summer, when our routine was skewed by my newly-broken ankle. We quickly ordered a replacement. That one stopped working over the winter, we don't know if the long outage we had did it or it was an early-death - Progressive replaced it, I just had to sent them close up photos of the plug. Since we'd already ordered another, we now have an extra one, which is not a bad thing.

DiamondGirl and kcsa75 like this.
  4. Groomporter

Groomporter Well-Known Member

Having a get-together tonight so I have the trailer mostly fully set up for the first time since last fall and since repainting it so we can show it off to friends and family since they'll be over. My storage box for electrical gear is just the right height to lift the porta-potty to the right height for 60-year-old knees and still be steady... Probably too hot to sleep in it tonight, but I should inflate one of the new air mattresses to test them on the bed. (Unfortunately the beds are an odd width)

Have to replace or modify the mount for Harbor Freight tongue jack. It works, but it doesn't go low enough to let me put the step under the door easily. (The combination step/toolbox also acts as an adjustable stabilizer under the door to support the rear.)
    0DB6DDF8-9094-4182-A366-52050029678A.jpeg E06E2909-D78A-40ED-BA32-6CB5AD98DC3F.jpeg CC79B4F1-AB04-457B-9E68-9035276308A2.jpeg 3194455C-F517-4929-892F-8CA42D4EAACF.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    Sjm9911, Trina15, DiamondGirl and 2 others like this.
  5. kitphantom

It finally dawned on me just how far through July we are, and that our next trip is less than 2 weeks away. We checked the LP tanks, so know those are ready to go. Defrosted the refrigerator, so that's done and we can put food in it when it's handy. It has a door full of staples all season. Bed is made, new batteries installed in under-bed lights, and all the D-cell batteries. We change those a couple of times a year, and use the batteries that we remove in the small fridge fan, so we always have fresh batteries in flashlights in the truck, trailer, and home.

6. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

installed a 4th cargo door, and replaced the old door-side cabinet (both documented in their own threads on the ALiner sub-forum).
    And we bought an almost-new IKEA mattress for our always-made-up bed.

Sjm9911 and DiamondGirl like this.
  7. Trina15

Trina15 New Member

None yet! I'm still working one her! I painted inside the cabinets so they feel less icky when I put things in there today. Last night I cleaned the vinyl and canvas outside. Pics soon though!

8. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

Not sure if this counts since i bought the stuff and havent done anything yet (prolly do it 1st weekend of Aug while at campround alone on first day)
    Bought velcro for my gizmos.
    Bought a longer propane hose so my grill can sit at rear of camper instead of up towards the front.
    The wife wanted a light by the steps so i bought a solar motion light and am gonna drill and tap the outide frame rail by the steps 10-24 and use a thumbscrew so i can remove it when traveling so it dont get pepered being that close to the ground.
    Picked up a 80L storage bag for holding clean linens and what ever needs to be stocked back up and put in camper.
    I can toss it inside the door as i leave and use it for dirty laundry and linens to take back home...." Yes the bag is washable"

9. Allamakee County

Allamakee County Member

Pictures don't show much so I will tell -- I made a 23x23x12" zippered bag with handles on all 4 sides to hold pillows and blankets. It was made to fit in one particular cabinet in the pup. Fits great, keeps things clean and organized.

The red bag beside it is for DH's CPAP. 20210725_152455.jpg 20210725_152954.jpg

Sjm9911, Trina15, DiamondGirl and 3 others like this.
  10. Allamakee County

Allamakee County Member

I'm telling.

11. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ

I removed old dishes from KODI and donated it to the local 2nd hand store. I reorganized the cabinets in the kitchen area. Added new dishes, a new roll up over the sink rack, and downloaded movies from iTunes into my iPad to watch inside while it’s raining. I connect my iPad to the 12volt RV TV that’s powered by our inverter using a lithium battery. Doesn’t require my Honda generators to work. We will run one of the generators for a few hours to recharge our lithium batteries. We have a lithium group 31 (100amp) for the trailer and a small lithium 12volt (20amp) for the power inverter. Can’t wait for the next trip.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

Sjm9911, Strawhouse, Trina15 and 2 others like this.
  12. kitphantom

I sanitized the water system today, since it been sitting in place for the last 6 weeks. I used the bleach method again this time, which is less work, and takes far less water to get it all rinsed out. Drained and rinsed the HWT, then filled it and the fresh tank for our trip in a week.
    I took a gander down the toilet, and we have just enough space to get to our first night's destination, where we have FHU. A change of plans at the end of my last trip meant a couple of day's use since the last dump, and I've been using the whole system when I've been out working in the trailer.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  13. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Leaving in 3 days for cape may, will do pre trip prep / food/ and minor cleaning. The next few days, so nothing in july[:(!]

kitphantom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.