June 2017 - What did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dougdrees

dougdrees New Member

I have cracks in the panel on top of my front trunk (2003 Coleman Mesa) to which the fold up door is attached. So, I will be removing said panel with door attached and use the ABS pellets and MEK method for repairing the crack from the underside. I will have to do some work on the top side, but I will be able to add thickness to the area below without affecting the look. Will then paint with white Grizzly Grip. I tried fiberglass cloth and epoxy, but as most will attest, it lasted about a year before the UV ruined the bond.

Am finally making progress on an Arduino based battery monitor, but won't install till July. It is simple - there is a Hall Effect current sensor, a voltage divider to monitor battery voltage, and a real-time clock which contains a temperature sensor as well. Every 0.1 second, it will save away readings from the current and voltage inputs, as well as a timer value, in memory. Then, every 12 seconds, it writes the 120 samples as well as date, time, and battery box temperature to an SD card. After logging data for my trips this year, I will be analyzing the data to come up with the best algorithms for predicting when the battery needs to be charged to swapped. I know its a lot of work, but I get into this sort of thing.

Doug

2. JeepinAndCampin

JeepinAndCampin Member

hate to pay $90 for 12v adapter for my resmed... ugh

3. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Just cleaned the skylights on my 2014 Aliner Ranger 15. It sat on a dealer's lot for 3 years, and I don't think they had ever been properly cleaned. Used Novus 1 and 2 that I bought online from Amazon. Great results. Some credit goes to my big brother who kindly allowed me to wax and polish his cars when I was young. Wax on... Wax off..

4. rolisrntex

rolisrntex New Member

Just disassembled, cleaned, and lubed the crank mechanism, whiffle tree, and cable pulleys on my 1999 Coleman Nevada. We've been debating selling it and buying a newer camper but we love it too much for several reasons. Size (stores easily in garage), toilet/shower, paid for. So we ordered some Pop Up Gizmos for it and are planning a storage box rebuild this off season as well as replacing the outer ABS roof shell with bed liner.

5. jennylou

jennylou New Member

I put my registration stickers on my license plate. All legal for another year. :p

6. mcbill2471

mcbill2471 New Member

Bought a new battery, a solar charging system, and a red & white LED Christmas light set for our Canada Day weekend excursion to an unpowered site.

7. Eric Lamontagne

Eric Lamontagne New Member

Outing the 23 and 24 of june with the 79 bonair ba850 - lots of rain - decided to break down and get somethig newer
    previous was a 74 lionel. So went and looked at a 98 coleman sea pine last night in very very good condition and towed it home, now to sell the bonair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.