June 2020 - What did you do for your camper?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Jun 1, 2020.

1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

1st of June, and many of us are still waiting for the beginning of camping season, even many of those who have been able to go camping have found things a bit unusual. It looks like my long weekend for a Sisters on the Fly event week after next is on, even if in slightly different form than usual (no pot lucks, etc.)
    I emptied the trash in the trailer (whoopee!) this morning, and tweaked the fridge control again. I'm trying to get it back to the sweet spot of not too-warm-not too cold. It had been spot-on for years, but seemed to have gotten a bit off, maybe when the fridge had to be remounted at the end of last season.

Toedtoes and Sjm9911 like this.
  2. dabsond

dabsond Member

Pulled the pop up from the storage lot. Opened it up to find nothing out of the ordinary. Next, flush the plumbing and sanitize the water system. First camping trip in four days. Can't wait!!!

3. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

cleaned the roof , and applied uv sealant, plus checked all the lap sealant for cracks

Karen Gay likes this.
  4. zak99b5

zak99b5 Active Member

Installed the battery monitor. I used the power feed for the LP detector and wired it all through the water pump switch (since I deleted the sink).

Also took pics of the new handles for the drawers/doors.

And also the Fastway Flip jack foot. As you crank it up, it flips 90* to the rear and out of the way for towing.

Included a pic of the ugly old hardware, and you can see how it was hard to fit my fingers behind it.
    9E2B38F8-4C66-4FAA-BA95-CA9DFCF9327F.jpeg 8DF6A255-5B02-4D09-BA3C-5A689ADB7E6D.jpeg 48262041-0FD1-45B1-B4BC-F4681413C27D.jpeg
    7551200C-BB99-4D00-8543-7D8ABC5B030E.jpeg E09137B4-41C1-4025-8F3F-F11894067179.jpeg

neighbormike and Raycfe like this.
  5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

I had an idea ..... again ...... I installed a keyless lock on our hybrid door 2 years ago and it is great. It only had one small drawback. Our old lock was white on the inside and the paddle to open the door was a good size and easy to see. The new lock it was smaller and black.
    door 1.JPG
    so my idea was to put a handle on it..... maybe the handle of a fork, etc.
    door 2.JPG
    But this is what I ended up with. Its a stainless steel hanger for some kind of hose ...but it worked perfectly for a handle.

kitphantom, zak99b5 and neighbormike like this.
  6. GatorChamp44

GatorChamp44 Active Member

Velcroed and attached pop up gizmos.
    Waterproofed canvas
    Ground off old tongue jack and installed new one.
    Cleared and completely reorganized storage areas.
    Tightened ac down after installing new gasket a few weeks back.
    Peeled off old decals
    Washed her.
    Ordered new hatch for fresh water tank.

1st trip of many planned this year in 2 weeks!

kcsa75 likes this.
  7. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Not really my camper, but my brother's Jayco 23ft TT
    On Sunday, we...
    Installed a new color changing LED awning strip
    Built a hot water tank drain valve
    De-winterized
    Replaced his crappy plastic faucet with a proper kitchen faucet

kitphantom, kcsa75 and zak99b5 like this.
  8. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Next weekend, more fun. In the mean time, I've got a few things to do for myself.

9. kitphantom

We checked on the fridge temp last night, and realized the wire that connects to the slider had fallen off. Now I know where it goes, even if I can't easily see the space for it.
    Swept and mopped this morning, and put a couple of the throw rugs I made down - yay, they fit.
    We've canceled the reservations for our Wyoming trip in August. We decided staying a bit closer to home would be best this year. We will spend 10 nights in Colorado instead, at two of our favorite campgrounds.

neighbormike likes this.
  10. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

I tried to get my Winegard Pathway X1 dish to acquire a satellite in my back yard again. 2 hours each with Dish and Winegard on the phone. No luck. The problem seems to be "I am in New England" I was told by Winegard. Sorry I have had nothing but poor performance with Winegard products.

11. jackquontee

jackquontee Active Member Diamond Supporting Member

12. kitphantom

The fridge is now holding in the range we like, I'm going to make a mark on the fine this time to locate the slider. I've begun adding food for my trip beginning Thursday. If it is just me, I'll be happy with easy things such as yogurt, cheese and crackers, etc. We made low sodium chili and froze it a couple of weeks ago, so we'll have that if my sodium-sensitive friend goes along. Not sure what else to feed her, yet.
    I'm washing the bedding for the dinette bed today, so I can make it up tomorrow, once I've checked to make sure anything we might need out of the storage underneath is temporarily stashed elsewhere.
    I had ordered 921 paddle LED bulbs for the bathroom and under-counter fixtures, since the bathroom one had begun to intermittently blink. They arrived this week and I could not get them into the fixtures, but Courtenay did so easily. A lot brighter than the small ones we had, which will be very helpful in the kitchen area. The smaller bulb barely illuminated the far side of the small sink. I'm ordering more, so we have extras, it seems every time we need new bulbs, the choices have changed.
    The longer door hold open arrived, so that's installed. Same brand as the too-short one we put on a couple of weeks ago, so the receiver end on the door didn't have to be changed.

13. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Great....

14. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Aliner adventures in AZ Diamond Supporting Member

I finally completed an item that’s been on my wish list for years.

I made a screen door for my Aliner. Could of used it a long time ago. But wasn’t motivated. My last camping trip was 94° degrees outside and my Aliner was very warm due to no shade from trees. It’s time to make a screen door to allow more air flow.

I have a couple of camping trips this summer. And I can’t wait to use the screen door.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

world traveler and kitphantom like this.
  15. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Great .....

16. world traveler

world traveler Active Member

Any pic? I was thinking of using those margetic screens for warm days.

17. world traveler

world traveler Active Member

Finally installed battery monitor and USB charger combo. Had a cool week and opened it up in the garage so we could work on it. Resized_20200607_211710.jpeg

TheBlurb and jackquontee like this.
  18. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

You have been busy .... very nice

19. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Maybe reinforce the bend in the intake hose to the pump .... the pump could suck it closed.