June 2020 - What did you do for your camper?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Jun 1, 2020.

1. 911Boulder

911Boulder Member

Got me a sweet little gift from my parents for my birthday the other day...
    20200626_074104.jpg

The tongue jack that came on the pup had a rotting piece of 2X4 between the frame and the jack (which quickly fell apart) and the bolts currently on the jack are fairly rusty and some of the girt of the bolts have been eroded away. So my dad got my this sweet piece and we'll be replace the current jack and all hardware soon...

Ductape and jackquontee like this.
  2. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Well-Known Member

I installed a motor speed controller so I could control the speed of the cooling fans I installed behind my refrigerator. Before, they were just on or off at 12 Volts. They were a little noisy at full speed. Now I can turn them down to where I can't hear them in the pup.

I also had to do a little repair work to the front cabinet. Some of the staples it was assembled with had come loose after my last boondocking camping trip. The road was a little rough!

3. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Dewinterized and flushed the fresh water system and gave it a much needed shower before going on our 1st trip of the season.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member

I like this! I was looking at sewer pipes, I didn't know there was fence posts that would work too, thanks!! Would you mind sharing how you attached your fence posts to your bumper please?

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Here is mine , i used c clamps, you could use lots of things, zip ties, bolts . I did the fence post and the sewer pipe. etc.https://www.popupportal.com/threads/front-toung-storage-tube.127748/

6. Austin694

Austin694 Member

I just used some square tubing bolts. Like these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-3-8-in-x-4-in-x-3-in-Zinc-Plated-Square-U-Bolt-810206/204775845

I drilled through the top of the bumper. I only used two which I think should be enough. I haven't tested it yet, but leaving on Monday so we'll find out if I need another.