June 2022 - what did you do for your camper this month?

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I know what a Shinbone catch is but I’m drawing a blank on an elbow catch. Photo or link please.
It's also known as a rooster catch. These are the ones I just bought:

These are the ones currently in use:

You can see them to the right side of the drawers here. We had to use a shim, as we will on the new set. Making new shims will also allow use to adjust for the fact that the cupboard doors are set just a tad bit differently since we put new hinges on over the winter. I think that's why one of the catches has been jamming.

Attachments

• top drawer.jpg
    top drawer.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 10

BlueJeansMama

Jun 4, 2018
PA
Removed a ton of faux tile, wallpaper and flower decorations.
Painted all the cabinets a pretty blue.
Trashed the gross stripey curtains the PO had made (that did not match a single other item in the camper LOL) and replaced them with airy white panels for lots of light.
Removed the sink and faucet, and installed a new counter over the holes that left behind.
Took her out for the first 2 weekends in June.
Introduced our new rescue pup to the PUP.
Need to recover all the cushions, and update the counters and tabletops.

Attachments

• PXL_20220604_182002614.jpg
    PXL_20220604_182002614.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20220604_002423266.jpg
    PXL_20220604_002423266.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 15

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
Can’t remember what’s called but it’s a silver tape and I think it is used with reflectix for it’s normal purpose. So you’ll find it where you found the reflectix. You put the tape on one side and then fold it over to the other side to mask the rough edges of the reflectix.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Can’t remember what’s called but it’s a silver tape and I think it is used with reflectix for it’s normal purpose. So you’ll find it where you found the reflectix. You put the tape on one side and then fold it over to the other side to mask the rough edges of the reflectix.
This type? It's similar to the foil tape I bought at the big box hardware and used to tape reflectix on the down duct of our previous swamp cooler.

RevDocJones

Jul 9, 2018
Went camping in NH last week. Well, apparently we were in the middle of a gypsy moth caterpillar storm (yes, I know they are called Lymantria dispar dispar now, but people look at me funny when I say that). They literally bathed and coated the camper in a layer of their excrement, with a couple of rainstorms making it so much worse.

So we gave the rig a good long bath with scrubbing bubbles!

Next task - cleaning and decontaminating the canvass of the same filth. 😭😭

Attachments

• received_330793125912187.jpeg
    received_330793125912187.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 14
  • received_453792219916770.jpeg
    received_453792219916770.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 14

J Starsky

Super Active Member
Aug 3, 2017
East Central MN
Is this still June? June feels like poorness...

I removed the steering gear from the Suburban yesterday. The alignment guy said the gear was loose last year, and I didn't like the alignment but I just replaced 100% of the wear parts on the front end, I'd do the steering gear "later". Returning to Mn from Madison, WI was eventful and kept me on my toes. Far too much steering input needed. Now is the time for a new gear.

Later is now. I'll get the new gear in tomorrow and alignment before the weekend, maybe..maybe not...

Oldspurs

Jan 2, 2022
Central Texas
Is this still June? June feels like poorness...

I removed the steering gear from the Suburban yesterday. The alignment guy said the gear was loose last year, and I didn't like the alignment but I just replaced 100% of the wear parts on the front end, I'd do the steering gear "later". Returning to Mn from Madison, WI was eventful and kept me on my toes. Far too much steering input needed. Now is the time for a new gear.

Later is now. I'll get the new gear in tomorrow and alignment before the weekend, maybe..maybe not...
I had to replace my steering gear box, 2007 Dodge 3500 4x4 a couple of years ago. I went with a Red Head steering gear box, and stabilizer. Took care of my problem, steering is great. Red Head is out of Oregon. You will not be disappointed. See you on the trail.

Ladiesman

Super Active Member
Feb 6, 2018
Went camping in NH last week. Well, apparently we were in the middle of a gypsy moth caterpillar storm (yes, I know they are called Lymantria dispar dispar now, but people look at me funny when I say that). They literally bathed and coated the camper in a layer of their excrement, with a couple of rainstorms making it so much worse.

So we gave the rig a good long bath with scrubbing bubbles!

Next task - cleaning and decontaminating the canvass of the same filth. 😭😭
Wow thats crazy.

J Starsky

Super Active Member
Aug 3, 2017
East Central MN
I had to replace my steering gear box, 2007 Dodge 3500 4x4 a couple of years ago. I went with a Red Head steering gear box, and stabilizer. Took care of my problem, steering is great. Red Head is out of Oregon. You will not be disappointed. See you on the trail.
I R&R'ed both bearings and all balljoints, steering arms and pitman/idler. I thought I got it all, as everything looked loose then. I thought I got it, but the man says "steering gear." I found out a local rebuilder that actually sells to Rock Auto, so I got it both CHEAP and LOCAL! Here's hoping this gets it back to spec http://catalog.larescorp.com/part/11421/

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
I did have one issue with the socket I'm using for the impact driver.
I finally got around to getting a new socket, this one being a 19mm instead of a 3/4". Just a hair difference in size but a world of difference in performance. No longer does it sound like I'm changing tires in the pits at Indy. And I also gave the stabilizers a shot of WD40, so now the lowering and raising of the stabilizers is much quicker as well.