Just a couple camping. Don't want to heat / cool the whole camper...

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by dbhost, Jul 9, 2019.

1. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

So like the title says. I don't particularly want to waste the energy and wear / tear on the AC or heat by heating or cooling the entire camper.

Round about way to say, if it's just the 2 of us camping, is there a good way to close off an unused bunk end to keep from heating / cooling the camper? I only want to condition the space we are using...

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Close the curtain on the bunk end is the easiest. If you want more permanent for like freezing temps, make a heavyweight curtian. Tbh, unless its problematic, i leave it as it. It was ment to cool heat the whole camper. Using too big of an ac in a small room is not a great idea, same with the heater ( never used mine yet). The cycling on and off is probably more ware and tear then running it.

3. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

Good enough point.

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I made blackout curtains for my bunkends. Thicker than the curtains that came with the pup. Mainly because my niece who occasionally camps with me loves it cold and myself not. So I can close my end off or vise a verse. They work surprisingly well. She gave them a test when it got down to 50 one night and decided to open all her windows to let the cold air in. The curtains helped keep the cold isolated to her side. Thankfully. I read somewhere where someone clipped a moving blanket up on the "storage" end. But it was when they camped in the cold and didn't want to waste propane on the storage end.

neighbormike and myride like this.