just a vent - Ontario Parks Reservations

Discussion in 'Reservation Systems' started by Carmel-ized, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Carmel-ized

Carmel-ized New Member

Five months until we camp and we had two sites to pick from at our chosen (and admittedly very popular) park. Five months! I see there is a three booking limit. I wonder if they also discourage people booking the same weeks at different sites/parks. Guaranteed, as I watch the site map every day for the next couple off months, some cancellations will appear. Mainly, I am convinced, because people are double and triple booking sites "just in case". It is incredibly frustrating (yet it still beats the no reservation times when I was a kid. We would line up for days down the highway, hoping to get a site...).

/Vent over.

2. jckele

jckele Member

I've never heard of a three booking limit. Unless you mean you can only do three reservations at one time. I've got 6 reservations done, just waiting to do Sept long and I'm all set for the season. One 3 day in May, two 3 days in June, one 3 day in July, one 10 day in July and one 3 day in Aug. Can't wait to get out. Snowed today [:!]

3. Carmel-ized

Carmel-ized New Member

Maybe that is what the three booking limit meant -- at one time. That explains a great deal lol

We got our bookings too. 11 nights in July and 9 in August. I will be watching for swapping up to preferred sites though. :)

Snowed here too. Can't wait to crack the pup open. I want to renovate before July! I went and closed the camper down without making my upholstery templates. So my winter camoer restoration is now a Spring camper restoration project :)

4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

No it's called people who are doing the 5 month booking window plus the 21 day dance ... They can effectively book 5 months plus in advance providing the week/weekend they want fall into the additional 21 days... yes they have to pay for 21 days and then cancel out the unwanted days later but that is how they do it... This is one of the biggest complaints to opp..

5. ALICAM

ALICAM Member

I hate when people do what is described above...they spoil it for everyone...too bad their booking "priviledges" couldn't be banned for awhile