Just bought a 91 Coleman three weeks ago.......

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ktamsor2, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Ktamsor2

Ktamsor2 That which doesn't kill me..........should run.

You are going to laugh at my exterior, but I believe it'll work great. I'm covering it in a very thin wood, then gluing canvas to it, painting it to get the color I want, the waterproofing it like crazy. The bunks are sloped. 5" from from the inside to the outside. And what's going to keep the weather out is of all things, rubber baseboards. They are flexible and will go up with no problem, and should keep everything out, or in as the case may be.

Here's what I've done so far (I've fixed a few of the things on there since I took these pic's).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gopherit

gopherit New Member

That is interesting! What are your plans for using it? Will you tow it around? Use it for an office or something to sit outside a house? Looks like it will be a lot heavier than the original '91 Coleman.

3. Ktamsor2

Actually it's not that heavy. I'm using very light weight materials. And I''ll mostly be using it for Ren Fairs.

4. Ktamsor2

New pic's but still working on it, so I'll add newer ones later.

Exterior. I didn't put one corner on to show what I'm talking about with the canvas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This looks way more pink than it actually is.
    [​IMG]

This shows the color better. The "wallpaper" is actually a suede fabric. Looks very nice.
    [​IMG]

And this doesn't show what I've done on this end yet. However I do need to find more of the fabric. Almost 10 yards of fabric covered most of the walls, and wasn't that expensive.
    [​IMG]