Just bought a 94 A-Liner

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Mxracer331, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Mxracer331

Mxracer331 New Member

Hi guys. I started racing motocross this year. I usually spend the weekend at the track. I have been sleeping on the backseat of my truck with a blow up mattress. I’ve been thinking about getting a small camper and happened across an A-Liner today. I picked it up for almost nothing. The panels inside have some rot and it needs a little bit of fixing up. I’m not sure of all the amenities it has. I know it has a stove , fridge, a/c, sink. It has some sort of power converter. The owner said the propane tank fitting might need to be upgraded. How can I find out more about the features on this and good ways to restore the panels inside. Thanks for your help in advance.

Rik Peery and DiamondGirl like this.
  2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

If you don’t have the owners manual, get one. I don’t think we have many A-Liner manuals but you can get one from Columbia Northwest (the manufacturer). My experience with them has been quite good.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  3. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ

Welcome to the Aliner Family. As mentioned by @PopUpSteve… Call CNW for a owners manual and Kevin for technical support . There’s videos on YouTube of folks repairing their Aliners. Midwest Aframe and Repair service is another good place to contact for help as well.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

Econ likes this.
  4. Strawhouse

Strawhouse I miss my Camping Family... Gold Supporting Member

Congratulations on your Aliner purchase!

You should check out Rick’s website:
    Here is the 2008 Aliner Manual ( There is a 2021 manual avail, but the 2008 will likely be more useful to you: https://goingnowherefastrv.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/manual.pdf
    And the location of several other helpful documents that Rick has compiled—including the 2008 Aliner Parts book:https://goingnowherefast rvh.com/files/
    Rick also has a YouTube channel where he demos many mods and repairs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0rQEtJFsp1zFozk7DpTkmw

I agree with DiamondGirl. Kevin Carmean at Columbia Northwest is great help re parts:
    [email protected]
    (724) 237-5227 ext 112

Safe travels!

DiamondGirl likes this.
  5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

images.jpeg

DiamondGirl and Mxracer331 like this.
  6. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Un-Supported Member

Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina. Our 2018 Aliner Manual was about useless. Very little Aliner specific and a lot of vendor manuals that covered a lot of components, not in the Aliner.

7. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

@Mxracer331
    It would help us help you if you would add you year and model to your signature. Also the general area of where you live to your banner. Some things are Regional and weather dependent.

Your Aliner was built by the family way before they sold out to CNW. The family left little paper. CNW denies having old owners manuals. A motocrosser should have enough common sense to figure out the "body" things or ask here.

For things like refrigs, heaters, ect, get the model number and brand off it. You favorite search engine will provide manuals. is the heater an Atwood 7916 Mark II?. If so I have the owners manual.

"The owner said the propane tank fitting might need to be upgraded"
    Could that mean the pressure regulator is going bad? Spray it with soapy water and see if it is bubbly.

The following is a test to determine your age.<GG> XL 250 ?? The instant wheelie machine

Search Youtube forur "slim potato Head". Look backwards a couple years ago before he bought an upside down turtle.

8. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Greetings! Welcome to the forum from Midway USA.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  9. Mxracer331

Mxracer331 New Member

They
    actually sent me a 1994 owners manual.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  10. Mxracer331

Mxracer331 New Member

So I picked it up. All the lights worked. Power outlets work. Ac blows air but I have yet to connect a propane tank to it although I found out my regulator will connect to a new style tank just fine. I started tearing down the walls and found a huge ant nest. I removed most of the damaged insulation and let the dehumidifier run for a couple days. I then installed new insulation and spray foam. Then I installed thin sheets of pvc board to cover the walls. I’m going to put some trim to cover the seams but I ran out of time and wanted to use it this weekend. I found and removed the mouse nest and dead mouse from the stove and cleaned thoroughly with bleach and hd soap. Then I used Murphy’s on all the wood. Got the smell out. I didn’t get a chance to rebuild the wall that has water damage and just cleaned it up best I could and used spray foam to fill the holes. It’s gonna need a bunch more work but for $200 for the Aliner and a few hundred in supplies to fix it up I think I’m doing ok. I’m using it at the Mx track this weekend and it’s much better then sleeping in the back seat of my pickup truck in an air mattress. Got a lot of compliments from people too! Really this thing is perfect for me.

Attached Files:

Strawhouse, DiamondGirl and Rik Peery like this.
  11. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Good deal dude, regret selling our Ranger 10...

DiamondGirl likes this.