Just got my first PopUp

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by zcrafty1, Apr 16, 2016.

1. zcrafty1

zcrafty1 New Member

I have been lurking on this forum since January when I discovered you through the PopUp Princess. I have learned so much from you that I finally took the plunge and purchased my first popup tent trailer last weekend. I am looking forward to many camping adventures in my new-to-me baby. Since I am single I wasn't sure who I would get to camp with me but my daughter and grandkids committed to going and so did my best friend. That was all the incentive I needed to convince me to jump in to being a pup owner. I live in a vacation destination along the California coast but am looking forward to discovering the many other wonderful destinations across my state. It's going to be a great adventure. [:D]

2. daveman

daveman Member

Welcome and congrats! You will love it :)

3. SHFL

SHFL Active Member

Congratulations and welcome from the Florida panhandle!

4. sawdusty

sawdusty San Antonio

Welcome from Texas! Lots of info here by using the search feature at the top of the page

You may find a manual for your camper on our owner's manual feature which also has repair manuals. Follow your manuals instructions regarding set-up. One of the most Ignored instructions is use of the stabilizer jacks. These are not for leveling. Leveling is side to side using leveling block or pieces of wood under the low tire, then front to back using the tongue jack. Stabilizers are just snugged to the ground to prevent movement when people get into the camper.

A few things should be done to your NTU pup. I suggest that you service the wheel bearings and check the tires for wear and date of manufacture. Old tires are unsafe even if they look good. Your car jack may not be of any use if you have a flat. Best to check that out before you need it. And make sure you have a lug wrench that works for you camper.

And last suggestion from me, the roof of your pup is extremely vulnerable to leaks. Check and reseal any joints/seams as needed.

[:)C]