Just Noticed........

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Popsrock, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Popsrock

Popsrock New Member

.....after a high of 90 on Sunday in my neck of the woods (Ohio), it is all 80's for the extended forecast.

yeeeeee-haaaaaaaa!!!!! I'm hoarding marshmallows as we speak!

2. apachejeep

apachejeep New Member

Cool! [:>(]

3. Don_Bev1972

Don_Bev1972 You're never too old to have a happy childhood!

Same here in Chattanooga, Tennessee! We hit 101 on Wednesday! [SUN]

4. CaliforniaPoppy

CaliforniaPoppy California and beyond!

My hubby refused to take our son to the water park today because "it's going to be too cold to run around wet." The high's only going to reach 86.

5. LauraLieTx

LauraLieTx Member

[V] Cooking here in Texas at 111 degrees and football practice for kido in full swing!! uhgggg thinking I will wait till it cools down a bit to go camping!! lol [CP]

6. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

Yep, we're roasting here in Oklahoma as well. I'm gettin cranky, I wanna camp, dammit! [:(!]

7. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

Yes, I noticed that here in Illinois also. Can't afford to go anywhere right now but thinking of doing a little backyard camping. Man I am so tired of being hot.

8. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

Just checked the weather channel, we're at 109 right now.

9. daltonrg97

daltonrg97 It's a bird...It's a plane....no just my PUP!

Going camping at 9600 ft. next week...might need a blanket!

10. colorado_camper

colorado_camper Member

Yep, cools off nicely up that high. I was at 9,500 a few weeks ago and my furnace kicked in early am at 55°f.

@everybody else - may I suggest, road trip to the Colorado mountains and get out of that censored censored heat. [SUN] My cousin is up here from Dallas at the moment and is celebrating temps in the 70s where they are. I'm PUPing down to meet them tomorrow. [PUC] [TV]

11. freenaz

freenaz Member

Gotta love that heat [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

12. NYgranny

NYgranny New Member

In a couple of months we can start complaining about our 6 months of snow. Mother Nature just doesn't know how to make us happy! It has been hot here in western NY, too. Only 4-5 days up close to 100, though.( I think one day was 100+). We have plans to get out the next 2 weekends. Pray for NO RAIN!

13. haroldpe

haroldpe Campin' Engineer

Feel bad for the south 1/2. We had a record July with 22 days above 90. And this is Michigan?

14. Sushidog

Sushidog Active Member

For the last couple of days it got up to 100 degrees here near New Orleans. Today the humidity dropped a little - to 51% producing a heat index of 119 degrees!

But it was much worse yesterday when the relative humidity dropped to a low of 70% (down from 91% at dawn.) Combined with a 100 degree peak temp., this produces a rediculous heat index of 143 degrees!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Old folk and infants can't survive long outside. That's why they opened cooling stations around the city. If their AC were to go out it could be fatal.

I made the mistake of changing my oil outside in the sun yesterday afternoon (the temp had dropped to around 95 degrees.) I was outside less than 30 minutes but the sweat was literally pouring off me like a river. My clothes were completely soaked with perspitation, as if I had jumped in a pool. Even my socks were soaking wet. My cell phone even stopped working for a while - the outer display is still out. It was so hot and humid I could hardly breathe, and I was barely exerting myself. No one could work outside for long in this weather.

Chip

15. bigdad

bigdad Well-Known Member

Here in Kentucky its been high 90's and heat index of 100-115 this coming week in the low to mid 80's its about time but we did get some rain for about 15 min.

16. Popsrock

Popsrock New Member

BigDad - that's what I'd call a SOAKER. My front yard looks like the desert Southwest. Hard to believe we'll be complaining about the cold at some point. Take care and GET OUT THERE!!!

17. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Yup, we got three sets of thunder boomers, the first was dry. The second rained about half hour, the third rained about an hour! My tomatoes are sucking it up too! [LOL]

I'm glad it's going to cool down here. Reece's surgery will be a lot easier to deal with if I don't have to put him in a tub to cool off! Power flickered once today...the AC was running in the house AND in the PUP. The breaker for the utility room, where the breaker box is located, had popped, but the Pup's AC was still running. It's plugged in to an exterior receptacle with a converter for the plugs. The lights and I'm sure, the plugs too, popped though. Can't put a 30amp in soon enough! Wouldn't be a biggee except I run two freezers in that room!

I'm GLAD it blew...it did it's job very well. [A] :)

[:D]

18. tom in indy

tom in indy New Member

In Indy it has been 90+ for 21 days in a row the old record for 90+ was set in 1936 (dust bowl year) 20 days. Looks like today is going to be #22. then back into the 80's tomorrow or tuesday. And after having a VERY wet spring july was the driest on record......

19. Yellowkayak

Yellowkayak Popups.....when sleeping on the ground gets to you

You know its going to be a scorcher when its already 100 degree at 10:00 a.m.. 96 Days straight of over 100 degree here at the house...120 was the highest, but usually running around 109 - 112. I guess if it stays this hot, we will evetually get use to it.

JJ