Just picked up my dream hybrid!

billbillbillbill

Sep 4, 2012
SLC, UT
After 2 years and 27 nights camping in our Starcraft Centennial Highwall, we decided it was time to search for a hybrid. With 4 kids, bikes, gear, etc, the packing, setup, takedown, and clean up was just taking it's toll.

After searching for a while and balking at the crazy used prices, I found a 2013 Rockwood Roo 233S for sale in Grand Junction, CO. The trailer looked good through pictures and price was reasonable so DW & I made the 4 hour drive last weekend and after seeing it in person decided to buy it!

May I say buying a trailer in January is pure torture. I can't wait to get out camping this spring!

5fd9979540d370789774a18f.jpg

20210116-115823.jpg

IMG-5878.jpg

IMG-5881.jpg

IMG-5893.jpg

Last edited:

JimmyM

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Franklin, MA
Congratulations! We have a triple bunk/slide for us and our 3 kids and 2 dogs. We LOVE ours. Happy camping!
I do recommend a slide topper for the slideout. It keeps all the falling stuff off the top and helps the seals last longer.

billbillbillbill

Sep 4, 2012
SLC, UT
WOW, that is nice!!! That thing looks like it's longer than a poor mans life. With that slide you could have a dance in there. What is in that big bag on the bunk end? Mother in Law? Aunt Bertha?

Haha, the slide-out definitely opens things up a ton. The bag is a trailer cover I believe. I haven't actually opened it up to see if it is in good shape. That is one nice thing about buying used trailers...the random "free" stuff. This one came with the cover and a weight distribution hitch. Our last popup came with a patio mat, 3 boxes of linx levelers and a bunch of misc. tools and camping gear.

RockyRoo

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD
Jun 8, 2012
We had a 2013 233S for 4 years, it was awesome! Man those pics bring back some memories. I hope yours brings as many great adventures as ours did

phipps

Super Active Member
Jan 27, 2007
Sidney, OH
That is the exact same model my son has. Keep a close watch for leaks around the front bunk end and slide out. My son has a soft spot that has developed at the front of the trailer. We've seen no signs of a leak so we're not sure whether it's coming in around the slide or the bunk end.

RockyRoo

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD
Jun 8, 2012
That is the exact same model my son has. Keep a close watch for leaks around the front bunk end and slide out. My son has a soft spot that has developed at the front of the trailer. We've seen no signs of a leak so we're not sure whether it's coming in around the slide or the bunk end.
Go into that front cabinet and look at everything in there, it’s where his water pump, filter, and all the valves are for switching between the tank and city connections. There are so many more possibilities in that corner than just the slide and bunk seals.

MaeKay

Super Active Member
Oct 18, 2017
Utah
Awesome! My kids are begging to camp driveway but i told them not a chance in January. If we hit a warmer spell I might change my mind.

Northern Utah here as well. I’m dying to get out! But then with our Utah “fool’s spring” I’m afraid if I de-winterize it...we’ll have snow and freezing weather again. Oy.
Have you been up to temple fork in Logan Canyon? It’s our favorite free campsite so far but it’s probably closed until May or June.

billbillbillbill

Sep 4, 2012
SLC, UT
Northern Utah here as well. I’m dying to get out! But then with our Utah “fool’s spring” I’m afraid if I de-winterize it...we’ll have snow and freezing weather again. Oy.
Have you been up to temple fork in Logan Canyon? It’s our favorite free campsite so far but it’s probably closed until May or June.

I know we need the snow and all but I can't wait for warmer weather. I was hoping if we got a "warmer" weekend, I'd take the kids to Antelope Island for a shakedown trip but doesn't look like that will happen. We booked a site down in St. George over Spring Break so that will probably be our first chance out.

I haven't been up to Temple Fork before. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the info.

Skidz

Jun 5, 2019
Very nice! I know what you mean about pure torture. My wife and I bought a used Jayco X19H at the end of January, and have been chomping at the bit to take it out for the maiden voyage!

Safe travels!