Just put a down payment on a Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by mpking, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Oh yea , we will mod it out soon! Lol. I have an older equilizer set up, wasy old trusted tec. But heavy. And yes i had to get an extra sewer line last trip. Not fun.

Steveo4090 likes this.
  2. Steveo4090

Steveo4090 Well-Known Member

Extra sewer lines tend to be expensive when they're bought in an emergency lol

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

We have had our Reflection now for almost 4 years. GD makes a great rig, but in all honesty it’s the same crap everyone else makes they just have better customer service. As said before the Imagine’s (many more than just the 2800) suffered from axle issues for a while, as well as slide out issues. By now most of the bugs have likely been worked out of that one. Just take a quick crawl under it and see if the springs still look good. Make sure the springs are smiling and the axles are frowning.

My 2 cents on the surge protector, go with the Progressive EMS.

Welcome to the Grand Design family! We would definitely buy another one

4. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

I was going to type "I don't know enough about axels...." then I realized you've broken down all the technical bits. Keep on Smiling and frowning.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

When we bought our TT, we bought the following;
    1. RV mat
    2. Levelling blocks
    3. Chem for black tank
    4. Fuses....(ATC 30 amp in line fuse sometimes blows due to the power tongue Jack)
    5. Dedicated white water fill hose
    6. X chocks, much better than chocks
    7. Trailer Aid ramp for changing tire.
    8. Propane fire pit (great for camp fire bans)
    9. RV toilet paper or toilet paper for septic systems that break down readily
    10. Coupler lock
    11. Bbq tools if trailer has a RVQ
    12. Small tool kit with wrenches, screwdriver, pliers, hammer etc
    13. Collapsible broom with dustpan
    14. Door mat
    15. Flashlight
    16. 100 watt or higher solar panel (I have a Go Power 120 watt Suitcase folding solar panel with charge controller) great if you have lots of sun while dry camping
    17. Inverter Generator 3000 watts (I have a 3100 Champion inverter generator) I dry camp quite frequently. This will run the microwave or 13500 BTU AC, highly recommend installing a hard start capacitor on the AC unit to reduce power load on start up)
    18. Surge protector

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Hope they have most of that allready! Lol. But you do need stuff. black tank hoses, another hose to rinse the black tank hoses. Etc. Black tank hose holder thing.

7. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

I'm seriously stalking harbor freight's 2800 inverter generator.

I don't have xchocks. While researching them, I found that almost all of them refer to themselves as wheel stabilizer, and to not use them without a traditional wheel chock. So I'll pick some up later after the initial bleeding stops.

Already had mostlyemostly else on your list. (Not the fireplace)

8. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Go w
    Go with the 3500 if you can lift it, it’s a heavy fella but a nice unit.

as for the x-chocks, the important thing to remember with them is to let the tires cool before putting them in, otherwise they won’t do any good at all once the tires cool and shrink back down.

9. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

I don't know. I looked yesterday. The 3500 is 100lbs, and the 2800 is 50lbs. I don't want to work that hard. :)

Sjm9911 likes this.
  10. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

I have not used them for camping, but for misc construction work. I learned the hard way about Hazard Fraught generators. They work fine until they don't and when they don't there is no such thing as getting parts. Parts do not exist so it's very much save the money and roll the dice on the front end and when they break you toss them in the can and go buy another on the back end. I would go with Champion before HF.

11. Tebpac@1

Tebpac@1 New Member

GD Reflection owner here. (Missing the popup at times!). We have an inverter generator for our future boon docking adventures. We went with the Westinghouse igen 4500 dual fuel genny. Wanted something for the house in times of no power and to take with us camping if needed. Heavy for sure but lots of power to run the 15k AC and other stuff at the same time. Looking at a hitch hauler to keep it on. We have a receiver on the back of the trailer to haul some stuff that I don't put in the truck.
    We have the Progressive Industries Surge Protector (https://www.progressiveindustries.net/ems-pt-x), Equalizer E4 WDH, Anderson levelers (besides 2x6's)
    Congrats on the purchase and happy camping!