Just wandering how many fellow Jeep owners are on here?

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by bucky4x4cj, Mar 6, 2011.

1. mspontiac

mspontiac Member

2002 Grand Cherokee here...I love it! And that is coming from a frequent "car-hopper" who used to trade every couple of years. We don't pull the pup with it (hubby has a 2007 Silverado Z71 for that task) but I plan to keep it for as long as it runs reliably. It has 117,000+ miles on it and still runs like a champ, and we have only had a couple of minor things go wrong since we've had it. Go Jeep!

2. Michoshisho

Michoshisho Member

Just traded in my 01 jeep grand cherokee for an 08. First time I ever bought the same vehicle I was trading in. I love my Jeepee!

2009 Coleman Sun Valley
    2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    100% Loving Life

3. Spudy

Spudy New Member

I got a 94 zj with 3.5 lift running 32" bfg mts, and lost of armor [8D]

4. michigander

michigander New Member

I have a 99 Cherokee Sport. Bought it new and the DW has had 4 cars since I have had my jeep.
    I need to buy another Jeep [:D] [;)]

Next is the Grand or maybe even the Compass for the wife, although Rubicon just rolls of the lips... [?:~{]

5. Spudy

Spudy New Member

My wife really likes the looks of the new compass

6. Travelhoveler

Travelhoveler New Member

I have a 2001 Cherokee "Country Boy." It's not our tow-vehicle but our beater and kayak hauler. It's closing in on 200,000 miles. I had one before that that had passed 200,000 miles before some idiot rammed it at a red light and totaled it. Good cars, fun to drive.

Rented a Liberty once for a Yellowstone trip and absolutely loved it. Not sure it would be that good as a TV though.

7. michigander

michigander New Member

I haven't towed the camper with my Jeep yet but my assumption is that it would be fine. I tow a utility trailer and boat with it and pulls just fine.
    I would really like to see Jeeps make some good positive momentum in the fuel mileage area. For the price on buying new, I need more than 20 mpg at over $4 a gallon.

8. tttgmlake

tttgmlake New Member

I had a 94 wrangler yj 2" lift. sure do miss it had to trade up when 3rd child was born. Putting 2 car seats was a nightmare figured 3 impossible. Sure do miss it

9. hammer1234

hammer1234 New Member

New owners of a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Mileage with the V6 so far is around 18 MPG in mixed commuting. Got the WeatherTech floor and cargo liners, looking forward to going camping with it...

10. Pilot371

Pilot371 Member

Help - hitch issues, Jeep Liberty

Figured I'd hopefully get soem replies from other jeep owners:

Just picked up the new POPUP tuesday - Had to take off spare tire to tow home, as minimal clearance between spare tire and the hitch.

Anyone else with this issue and how did you solve it?
    I was thinking about maybe finding a hitch extension

Any thoughts/replies greatly appreciated

11. lovetocamp2010

lovetocamp2010 New Member

We own a 2001 Jeep Wrangler, but our towing with our Dodge Grand Caravan - not enough room in the Wrangle for all our stuff and a family of 4, much to my husbands dismay...

12. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip New Member

We bought an 02 jeep limeted just under a year ago...had to fight with the wife cuz i wanted a TV and she liked something smaller... my wife now says she dont know how she drove that sunfire [LOL]
    We luv it!

13. mspontiac

mspontiac Member

Jealous!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE the new Jeep GC styling!

14. Michoshisho

Michoshisho Member

Just traded in my 2001 GC V6 for an 08 GC V8 Hemi. That should pull the PUP up the mountain a little easier!

2009 Coleman Sun Valley
    2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    100% Loving Life

15. zuley

zuley New Member

We are a two Jeep family as well. Our daily driver and TV is a 2008 Grand Cherokee diesel and my toy is a 2003 TJ Sahara. I've been driving Grand Cherokees since their inception. This one we will keep and tow to the junk yard when its wore out since we can't purchase a new WK with the diesel.

16. zuley

zuley New Member

As I stated previous I have the Grand Cheroke diesel. We are getting 30 MPG CDN on the hwy non towing with it. A good friend just purchased the new '11 GC with the new 3.6 litre in it. He claims he is getting better hwy mileage that he did previously with his GC diesel. Tow rating with the 3.6L equipped is 3500 pounds. In order to get the higher tow rating you need the 5.7 litre.

17. hammer1234

hammer1234 New Member

The 2011 GCs are rated to tow 5000 lb with the new 3.6L V6. The V6 has a good amount of power but given the weight of the Jeep I think the real world tow capacity will be 4000 lb at best. People who do a lot of towing usually opt for the Hemi but we didn't because of the gas mileage.

Real world mileage with the V6 so far has been about 18-19 MPG in mixed driving. I think we will be able to do better than 20 on the highway but I have a feeling we will take a good hit when towing.

18. zuley

zuley New Member

I stand corrected. Just pulled a sales brochure from the sales floor. 3.6 litre 2011 Grand Cherokee is rated for 5000 pounds whereas the 5.7 is 7200 pounds.

19. KJcachers

KJcachers Active Member

Re: Just wandering how many fellow Jeep owners are on here?

2 jeep family here too. Currently pulling the pup with an 05 Liberty Limited and also own an 05 Wrangler Unlimited.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

20. EvilM0nkey

EvilM0nkey Camping fo free!