Just wandering how many fellow Jeep owners are on here?

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by bucky4x4cj, Mar 6, 2011.

1. KateTheKamper

KateTheKamper Member

Got an '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee and really love it, but the gas mileage? Not so much.

2. LauraLieTx

LauraLieTx Member

I have a 1998 Grand Jeep Cherokee Laredo Strait 6 [TV] that I just bought and have not got the receiver hitch put on or the pop-up [PU] yet to pull.... but I hope it works good for pulling!!!...lol [CP]

3. jeeper88

jeeper88 Let's go Camping and Jeepin

I have an 02 grand and a 88 wrangler that I use for search and rescue for marion county EOC. I am running 12-50 35s and 411 gears with front and rear detroit lockers. Also changed the tranny to an ax15. 12,000 lb warn winch for the heavy pulls. 6" lift. I also belong to the Ocala Jeep Club and I am the CERT leader for the group. Trying to find a drop down low enough to hook up my pop up I need at least 9".

4. IV Nurse

IV Nurse New Member

I'm contemplating trading my Mercury Mountaineer in or a Jeep Compass. Don't think it will pull my Avalon though. LOL! We always tow with the Dodge. Daughter has a Jeep Liberty.

5. 69BuickGS

69BuickGS Buick GS, Fast with Class!!

I had a 84 Jeep CJ7 with 258ci inline 6, 4.56 gears, 4"spring lift, lockers, borla header, 12,000lbs winch, 35x12.50 Baja Claws.......so on. Had no room for it and sold it! [:(] I started Vermont Jeep Association back in 2001, the club is still going!!

6. wvresq

wvresq New Member

2000 Grand Cherokee, I6. [TV] 112000 and change on the odo. Got my new to me popup today. [PU] One of my main reasonings for downsizing was to take some of the load off of the Grand. She's gotta last me for at least another year or so :)

7. robinsonfam1

robinsonfam1 New Member

1998 Grand here.

3.5" RE lift with heavy coils, adj control arms, track bars, etc...
    5.2 V8
    trans cooler (soon to add gauge)
    swapping in 8.8 rear soon
    flowmaster exhaust, about to replace entire exhaust but will keep current muff
    i run re-tread tires. simply because i can get the tread i want the size i want for the price i want. they outlast most other AT tires too.

8. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

We are on our 2nd wrangler. '89 YJ sold and now a '07 JK. Thinking of purchasing a Grand Cherokee to use as a TV and as a winter car for me!

9. lisainthewoods

lisainthewoods New Member

I had a Wrangler(copper/orange like my avatar [:D] ) - my husband liked it so much he had to get one . So we were a 2 Jeep family, then I got an SUV- more room!

10. bryank

bryank New Member

2000 jeep grand cherokee

11. Uncle Buck

Uncle Buck New Member

We belong to the Heritage Region Jeep Alliance in Butler, PA (Birthplace of the Jeep). Wife and I have a 1978 CJ5, son drives a 2005 Grand Cherokee Hemi. The Jeep isn't used as a TV, our Silverado handles those duites :).

12. Conroejk

Conroejk New Member

I have a '09 wrangler 4dr, it is not an ideal TV, but I love my wrangler. I have put some work into it, and will soon be regearing it to 4.56-4.88 to help with the larger tires and pulling through the TX hill country.

13. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

Looked at the new Cherokees yesterday... Wife really liked em. Possibilities are good of saying adios to the old Durango and be a 2 jeeper family...

14. jwolfe01

jwolfe01 Honeoye, NY

Ex-Jeep owner here, heres a pic of our old 98 Cherokee Classic last summer with the old PUP....

[​IMG]

And here is what she looked like after the accident over the winter...

[​IMG]

RIP Jeepy

15. cico7

cico7 Friend request denied.

Here now!!

[​IMG]

07 Commander w/87 Coleman
    [PUC][TV] = [:)C]

16. Seabear843

Seabear843 New Member

I love my 2004 Wrangler Unlimited. [:D]

17. superdaddio

superdaddio New Member

We tow our Columbia with my '06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. The 4:10 axle ratios really work well for towing. The 6 speed stick helps too! I love my Jeep! It knocks down about 16mpg towing.
    The daughter drives a '95 Cherokee Sport & I have a '67 Kaiser-Jeep M715(look it up) that I'm restoring. The bride wants a Commander.......

18. Shawn1506

Shawn1506 Discovering the World.

I love my Jeeps! I have 2, 1997 Grand ZJ with the 4.0 that will never die and just recently purchased a 2001 WJ Grand Cherokee Limited, stock so far but she won't be for long. I plan on a 4 inch lift and maybe some 32's, roof basket, larger bumpers with a winch and sliders. Can't wait to get to Colorado!

19. Mazauk75

Mazauk75 Member

[​IMG]

'89 Grand Wagoneer with a newly rebuilt AMC 401 Stroker and 600 CFM 4 barrel Edelbrock carb and performance intake with EGR delete. It's had a full bumper to bumper mechanical restore, and will be getting the cosmetic stuff done soon. With the Stroker, it's rated for 7500lbs towing, and it pulls my 2000lb GVWR '90 Starcraft Nova like it's not even there. We'll be upgrading in the near future to a Jayco Jay Feather 17xfd (GVWR 3800lbs +/-). The wife wants something hard side because she's afraid of storms, so I agreed to hybrid.

20. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

here's my jeep heritage... 64 Wagoneer...84 Wrangler, 88 Cherokee, 89 Wrangler Sahara, 99 Wrangler Sport, 2001 Wrangler Sahara and 2004 Grand Cherokee .... I still own the '99 and 2001