Just wanna know

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by steversssss, Jul 12, 2011.

1. joet

joet Well-Known Member

I would collect my check and ride off into the sunset, to never be seen again

2. Yellowkayak

Yellowkayak Popups.....when sleeping on the ground gets to you

We are like JeepMama, buy a nice motorhome (nothing big and expensive (don't want to draw attention to bud guys), just fuel efficient and comfortable) a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited to tow behind it and to haul our kayaks on top. Then a nice underground home, off grid solar, wind, and generator, sitting in the middle of 1000 acres of property surrounded by National Park or some land that would never be built on. We would camp probably 6 months out of the year...one month out, one month in..that way we can check our snail mail and take care of business, like paying insurance bills, etc.... and of course to grow a garden and pick the harvest to take with us. Excuse me while I step out and buy some lottery tickets.

JJ

3. jwolfe01

jwolfe01 Honeoye, NY

We would just do what we are planning on doing when we retire, buy a nice, big 5'er and travel alot. The type of camper we have isnt going to change the way we camp, just the way we get there. :)

4. nomoretent

nomoretent Member

My MIL & FIL aren't rich at all, but they are retired and travel the country in a 5-er. They pull this in to the family back yard when they're in town - they don't even own a house anymore. We all enjoy the experience so much that we now have our Easter and Thanksgiving get-togethers at a local SP and hang out around their campsite.

I think we'd upgrade to a HTT - get too clostrophobic in TT, and I could take all the 4-legged babies with me. I'd upgrade to a giant TV that runs on, i dunnow - water?

5. FC

FC Central Florida

High end motorhome and travel like there's no tomorrow..... [:D]

6. wanderingpaladin

wanderingpaladin New Member

I don't know if it would even be possible, but I always dreamed about a private train. Fancy sleeper / living car, dinning / kitchen car, cargo car with space to park an automobile...

7. Meteor

Meteor Member

This is a fun thread!

I'd camp less, because my new home would be a comfy cabin in the middle of a large piece of land, where I could have a nice campfire in the yard overlooking the lake. But I'd still camp, in a nice modest TT pulled by a new modest TV like an SUV. My dream is to check out Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, and many other areas, with the goal of camping in all 50 states. [:D]

So far, only two states crossed off the list... [:(]

8. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We'd still camp, while it does save money over hotels, it is a different experience and that is part of the point for us. I'd probably get a new, slightly larger pup, since ours is an '84 with one bunk end, in a 6'box - but that is on the list in the next few years anyway.

9. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

If I ever hit the lottery BIG TIME I'd buy one of these and visit every state and drive every highway and racetrack. Think that trailer would be big enough for a Saleen S7? lol [:)C]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. mckeapc67

mckeapc67 New Member

I would most certainly camp. It would just expand my camping options.

First order of business is a new really nice TV that can fit the whole family comfortably for long drives. Something along the line of a really nice Expedition 4x4 decked out for towing.

Definitely keep the PUP and possibly supplement with a TT.

Travel and see the US & Canada.

11. my3monkees

my3monkees New Member

I would just camp further from home, I'd love to hit every state and Canada!! [:D]
    Gas who care!! [LOL]

12. beemerboy

beemerboy New Member

I'd retire, get fat, grow a beard and live in my popup from May to October with my dog.

Oh wait, I do that already. Darn, I guess I have nothing to look forward to. [;)]

13. Clueless

Clueless I use to have a handle on life but it broke.

If we're talking discustingly rich then nope, I wouldn't. Unless you call setting a tent up at any of my private beaches camping. [:D]

Notice the runway? I would use that to send my butler to pick some milk up at the store. [:D]

Damn... It's fun to dream isn't it!?

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/great-whale-cay.htm

[​IMG]

14. Camper_Dave

Camper_Dave New Member

I would upgrade to a smaller Hybrid. I can't see myself driving one of those buses or pulling one of those house on wheels.

I'm a keep it simple kind of guy.

15. gusbell

gusbell New Member

No way I would give it up but would likely upgrade to a New PU or a hybrid. I don't ever think I'll give up the "tent camper". A motorhome is nice but there is something to be said for hearing the crickets, feeling the breeze through the tent at night. At least for me. The other thing It would change is the amount of time I would get to go. The plan is once I retire we are upgrading and camping 40%-50% of the year. Spending the falls in the mountains watching the leaves change and the winters down south. FInally have time to see the west side of the country without being rushed trying to squeeze a bunch of driving and stops into vacation time.

16. 1madscot

1madscot Member

..I'm halfway there...

I'd find an old pickup, a 1960's c10 or something along those lines, and a nice old pop-up, have them both professionally restored to better than new condition, and hit the road. I love the nostalgia. When not on the road, I'd be in the UP in my cabin on the lake, off the grid.

17. steversssss

steversssss New Member

I like your idea about restoring. But I think I'd go for restoring an old Air-Stream. Something about those stainless steel tubs is very alluring.

18. Sushidog

Sushidog Active Member

I'd retire and my DW and I would live FT in a TT. We'd buy a Ford F-150 with a V-6 Ecoboost to pull a Forest River Salem 30 FKBS. We'd put the rest of the money in the bank and live off of it until SS and my DW's meager pension kicks in. It's what we plan on doing in 7 1/2 years anyway (if we live that long and the SS we paid into all our lives is still around.) We'd just get a head start on things.

Chip