Just What We Needed

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by PopUpSteve, Nov 13, 2020.

1. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Just what we needed in 2020, another Friday the 13th. The first one was in March, and we all know what happened shortly after that. This time around I'm betting on an asteroid strike. How about you?

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Maybe a sharknado?

3. flingwing1969

flingwing1969 Active Member

An Asteroid strike would solve a LOT of problems.

WannaTravel, rescamilla and kcsa75 like this.
  4. flingwing1969

flingwing1969 Active Member

Since 2020 is all about problems, not solutions, the asteroid is probably unlikely.

5. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

Friday March 13 was the last time I played poker with my friends. Been playing with the same basic group for 30 years.

kcsa75 likes this.
  6. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Too funny my little side kick was joking we all need to say "jumanji". Perhaps this "game" we are in will end.

7. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Well-Known Member

well, Asteroid 2018VP1 seems to have missed us.

WannaTravel likes this.
  8. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

We'll i got exposed to covid, and tested, then i was told i was exposed to covid again, so now i have to wait to be retested in a few days. So, no covid on the first test, but still have to isolate untill i can take another test Tuesday. Fun. So today was a covid negative test, but that means nothing because i can still have covid. Makes sense right![:D]

J Starsky likes this.
  9. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

I am thinking a widespread lockdown is in our future....Hopefully it doesn't roll right into camping season again next yr.

neighbormike, Sjm9911 and PopUpSteve like this.
  10. Ladiesman

Ladiesman Well-Known Member

The whole thing is really confusing. I live on the border of two counties.one county has had a spike so they decided to back up to what they called phase three. No sit down dining but directly across the street is another county they are wide open. I mean directly across the street. How is that helping anything in the area. If they are going to lock it down then lock it down.

Rempop and kcsa75 like this.
  11. davekro

davekro Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I sure wish the ‘they’ at the federal level had 1st a care, 2nd a clue, 3rd a plan about COVID.

kcsa75 likes this.
  12. Boopie Nuovo

Boopie Nuovo Member

Soon things WILL change! We will have national leadership and a plan. The vaccine will be available and hopefully available to everyone before general camping next year.
    My husband and I were wondering what habits and things might stay when Covid is finally controlled. I think we personally will probably keep up the additional sanitizing and hand washing. The masks will go, but we will remember this year forever.
    What do you think might stay after this is "done"?

13. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

Not political at all here and i don't care who is in charge....But around my parts..Most everyone ( My guess is 75% of people anyway)
    Wear masks everywhere and stores require them and we have had lockdowns and such.
    Call me crazy...But if all this stuff works why are right back to where we started and actually seeing worse numbers now
    than before?
    If Shutdowns...Masks...Remote learning...Washing hands and social distancing worked so well...Then how can we be seeing spikes in record numbers everywhere?
    Also am i the only one uncomfortable with a vaccine that has has been rushed through?
    Just my thoughts....Stay safe everyone and wishing all my fellow camper buddies well
    during all of this.

neighbormike and rescamilla like this.
  14. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Viruses tend to spike in fall and spring. It's their peak times of infection. COVID19 spiked in March. It was said then, it would spike in the fall. Ta-da, we're in November and it has spiked again.

Look at how our years (March to March) progress:

March brings spring - people want to get moving and being outside with each other. We have spring holidays and celebrations that encourage gatherings. The change in weather and daylight hours throw our bodies out of kilter. All that makes us more susceptible to viruses.

April, May and June - we are busy with school and work. We do major spring cleaning, take on major projects, sports, etc. This keeps our susceptibility high.

July and August - we are in relaxed mode. We are more likely to spend this time away from close contact even if we spend more time in vacation crowds. Viruses lose their stronghold.

September and October - we start gearing up again. School and work pick up. Sports, starting to prep for the holidays. We start having close contact again.

November and January - stress kicks into high gear. Weather change and daylight hours affect our bodies. Holidays, celebrations and such encourage close contacts. Viruses regain their stronghold.

February - drop of stress with the holidays over. Most folks stay at home and recoup. Viruses see a short drop in their stronghold but it doesb't last long.

We have to put our protections into high gear before the strongholds to stop the virus. As long as we base our protections on the numbers and not the cycle, we will always be in catch up mode.

Firepit - I am also uncomfortable with the vaccine rush. I also worry that it will create a false sense of security as these viruses mutate quickly.

firepit, Rempop and rescamilla like this.
  15. rescamilla

rescamilla Member

Covid is about control.
    https://t.co/IZTbSpZmq4
    (https://twitter.com/IEFKUH/status/1328717063565811712?s=03)

16. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

[Guitar]

world traveler likes this.
  17. adkdave

adkdave Active Member

The probability of an asteroid strike is remote for now. Pat Robertson predicted it was supposed to have hit shortly after Mr. Trump was elected again. I guess if you made any reservations for camping next summer you'll be okay. A vaccine is on the horizon and next year at this time things will be somewhat normal. As the Chinese saying goes, "May you live in interesting times". These are indeed interesting times.

southern gal likes this.
  18. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I so hope you didn't put the wammy on us dave.

19. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

The control the media has over the masses.
    Bah, Bah, Bah.

neighbormike likes this.
  20. Fish N Farm

Fish N Farm Well-Known Member

Boopie, I started paying attention to different elected officials back in the LBJ days and really and truly nothing has really changed except taxes getting higher. I get a kick out of people thinking LBJ and the democratic party passed all the Civil Rights bills in the 60's, that could not be further from the truth. The southern Demarcates blocked all of it. LBJ went to the Republican law makers and got them to vote for it by throwing them bones on other legislation they wanted. The democrats did not pass any civil rights legislation until recent years You are not going to see any meaningful legislation passed in the next 4 years because conservatives still control the senate. As bad as I dislike Trump people need to think about how many votes he got. People are not saying they like him they are saying they don't like the other side less. Any person that could actually change anything is way to smart to run for president so their good name and family members could be attacked by the press. Morality can not be legislated. The people revolted when the first round of covid restriction were implemented. We live in a world of if it don't feel right to me I ain't going to do it. If you believe people will wear masks and practice social distancing and allow the bars and restaurants to be closed send your letter to Santa now. All that talk on either side is elected officials saying feel good stuff to people want to believe it.

Patchouli, 1380ken and eoleson1 like this.