Keeping it small on the "Dark Side"...

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by scooter98tj, May 15, 2019.

1. brwarrior

brwarrior Active Member

My pup specifically says to not paint the OSB product. It's not a raw OSB as it has already been treated. It's noticeably darker than what you find at the big box stores.

scooter98tj likes this.
  2. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Neato little package, I like it...can the awning be adjusted to tilt a tad for rain runoff?

3. scooter98tj

scooter98tj Member

It sure can as the support bars are fully adjustable. BTW it is a Thule awning...

Thanks for the reply...

IMG_1492.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    gladecreekwy and Rik Peery like this.
  4. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Thanks, showed the wife, we may end up some day going that route...Thule is good stuff...

5. rjhammetter

rjhammetter Husband, Dad, Engineer & Camper

What a COOL trailer!! While on a long drive for work this week, I noticed from the expressway a couple Jayco 10RK sitting at a couple different dealers. I first went to jayco.com to identify these little gems, then came to the forum hoping to learn more, searched for 10RK and found this thread. Thanks for sharing info and pics! Such a neat idea and implementation of a minimalist yet full feature RV. I love it!!

So how do you like you Geo Pro with a full camping season under your belt? Pros/cons? I showed the wife and pitched it as an idea for retirement, but she said she wants more kitchen space, not less. How is using and accessing the kitchen in the rain? Do you pop a canopy or anything?

6. scooter98tj

scooter98tj Member

Thanks for the reply,

We Love...Love...Love our camper Bob. We have put a little over 6,500 miles on Bob in all weather conditions from hot & humid to cold & wet and have had zero problems, that I contribute to the quality of build/components. Although not a problem for our 2012 F150 ecoboost the only con I can think of is maybe a bit heavy on the tongue weight for a smaller tow rig due to the dual batteries, dual propane tanks and spare tire mounted toward the hitch. Another con I can think of is all the attention Bob gets everywhere he goes...LOL. Honestly every RV park we pull in with Ginormous motorcoaches & 5th wheel campers with slides bigger than Bob we get people pointing and double-taking with a smile on their face, so be ready to answer all types of questions? and meet people :). The rear kitchen is great as no worries cooking smells in the camper and as far as rain/sun goes it is no problem as the rear door when raised provides plenty of cover for the kitchen area, we don't have one but a I feel quick popup canopy could be used for more severe blowing rain/storns and used for dual purpose uses as well. Please let me know if you have any other questions?/info on the Geo Pro.

Happy Camping,

IMG_2157.jpg IMG_8668.jpg IMG_0934.jpg IMG_0935.jpg IMG_0995.jpg InkedInkedIMG_1424_LI.jpg IMG_1469.PNG

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020 at 9:32 PM
  7. Redbird234

Redbird234 Member

My question would be "How comfortable is the bed?"

8. penny

penny Well-Known Member

that is a really nice camper! you can go anywhere!

9. scooter98tj

scooter98tj Member

Bed is very comfortable. I did add a stiffer board under the fold out area to give it a little more support and it still fits nicely under the bed area when converted to the couch. Also if someone needed a little more support a fold out mattress topper could easily be added as well...

Happy camping,

10. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Sweet