Kent Rollins. Dutch oven legend

Oldspurs

Jan 2, 2022
Central Texas
Kent is the most down to earth person you will ever meet. He has cooked for our ranching get together several times. Have known his Brother, Dr Dale Rollins, Texas AM retired, does great work with wildlife conservation in Texas, for many years. Kent prepares the best food, with cast iron I have ever eaten, I learned cast iron cookery from him, and Jean Wright from Brady, Texas. You will enjoy his show, and his cast iron demonstrations. See you on the trail.

Patrick w

Aug 13, 2021
Kent is the most down to earth person you will ever meet. He has cooked for our ranching get together several times. Have known his Brother, Dr Dale Rollins, Texas AM retired, does great work with wildlife conservation in Texas, for many years. Kent prepares the best food, with cast iron I have ever eaten, I learned cast iron cookery from him, and Jean Wright from Brady, Texas. You will enjoy his show, and his cast iron demonstrations. See you on the trail.
Is his coffee method really that good?

Oldspurs

Jan 2, 2022
Central Texas
Yes it is if you enjoy Cowboy coffee. Grew up on a ranch in West Texas my Father made this coffee every morning, on a propane stove at the house, or over fire when we were working cattle in the pasture. He lived to be 80 years old, my DW, and myself were blesssd with taking care of him the last 13 months of his life. We made him Cowboy coffee two days a week. He was not supposed to get coffee. His mantra was, " Hell everyone is not getting out of here alive, we are going to die of something, why not coffee". God Love him, I miss him. See you on the trail.

BBQdave

Aug 31, 2016
North Carolina
I can report that they line up in group camp for Cowboy Coffee :)

The secrets of Cowboy Coffee:
Couple of minutes rolling boil,
Rolling boil lowers acidity of coffee - smooth cup of coffee :)
Cup of cold water after boil puts coffee grounds to bottom of pot - be careful, it is extremely hot, even after the cup of cold water.

I use a stock pot to make Cowboy Coffee, and ladle the coffee from the pot :)