Kentucky rally for May/June 2017?

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by tls2971, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tls2971

tls2971 Active Member

Hi All,

Is anyone interested in creating a Kentucky rally for May/June of 2017? I saw there was a Halloween rally in 2016 at Mammoth Cave and many liked the idea of a rally at Jellystone down there. I personally love that campground as well and think it would be great to meet there early summer. If there is interest I can start looking into it more. I know it is a bit more expensive per night ($69 to $76 per night), but the amenities are perfect for campers with children. [:D] Please let me know if you are interested. http://jellystonemammothcave.com/

I'm also open to state park campgrounds if that works better.

2. JoshuaBonnett

JoshuaBonnett New Member

I'm game!:

3. tls2971

tls2971 Active Member

JoshuaBonnet, are you most interested in a state park or the Jellystone campground in Cave City? I am open to any suggestions.

Come on Kentucky folks, let's make this happen! Do any of the following dates work for you?

5/12/17 - 5/26/17 - 6/23/17 - 7/7/17

4. JbirdsChick

JbirdsChick One Big Bird, his Chick, and 2 Hatchlings

I can't go that far from home in those months
    My camper towing technician aka my husband Works a lot of weekends in those months so I have to camp within a short distance of home so he can drop the camper and us off and come back and get us. I also like for him to at least be able to meet us for dinner and hopefully spend the night.

5. tls2971

tls2971 Active Member

Where are you located in Kentucky? I am open to any suggestion in the state. Can we find a nice CG or SP near you?

6. JbirdsChick

I'm actually not that far from you. I'm in Georgetown.

7. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

I'm located in Scottsvile. We usually camp at TN SP's on the Cumberland Plateau. I have already booked every opportunity I have this summer. We will be at Fall Creek Falls SP, June 30 - July 3. I will have some opportunities for non holiday weekends later this summer. My kids sports schedules are hard on camping opportunities.

8. tls2971

tls2971 Active Member

WellJBirdsChick, how about a state park near us then? crackerJack, you are about 2.5 hours from Lexington. We could all meet up near Louisville. I read on a facebook thread that General Butler State Park is nice. It's in Carrolton: http://parks.ky.gov/parks/resortparks/general-butler/
    There are other state parks in the area too I'm sure.

9. JbirdsChick

It depends on the weekend. I could see if hubs could squeeze a weekend to go there. What about Taylorsville Lake as a backup? I like the idea of doing General Butler better because there seems like there is more to do there.

10. JbirdsChick

What about Fort Boonesborough also?

11. JbirdsChick

Here's my schedule so far
    April 7 wknd - Whispering Hills
    Memorial Day wknd- Kincaid Lake
    June 23 wknd- Ky Horse Park
    July 21 wknd - Greenbo Lake
    August- nothing
    Labor Day wknd-Levi Jackson

12. tls2971

tls2971 Active Member

I was considering Fort Boonesborough as well. I heard it's a fairly nice campground and it sure is close by. Would a time in August work for you or are you taking the month off? :) I can possibly do Labor Day weekend at Levi Jackson too.

13. blessingsintn

blessingsintn Member

Hello! Just working on getting back in the camping game. My popup got a leak and the floor rotted in the storage area. Now noticing some rust on the roof which im on here to see how best to fix that and reseal the rest. Soooo....if all goes well I would love to plan some trips. Missed all of last year completely. I live 30 minutes NE of Nashville in Gallatin.

14. blessingsintn

blessingsintn Member

Well my leak was worse than we thought. We removed all the canvas and will soon be detaching the roof to completely gut and redo the inside which is rotted. Hope to be camping soon, just depends on how long it takes us to get it done.

15. Bullock Braves

Bullock Braves New Member

JbirdsChick, I would love to go to General Butler State Park however count me out if it's at Fort Boonesborough. There is absolutely nothing to do there except the fort. No trails, playgrounds or anything. It's ok to make a day stop at on your way through but that's about it. General Butler has several playgrounds, trails, putt putt, fishing, John/peddle boat rentals, archery, and golf. They have planned activities, some weeks they have camper appreciation and the campers get to swim in the pool at the lodge, and the restaurant is delicious. That's just off the top of my mind.

16. Bullock Braves

Bullock Braves New Member

Sorry that should have been addressed to tls2971 not JbirdsChick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.