Kenwood Radio

G.P.

Jun 5, 2021
Question I have a 2018 Rockwood 214HW .. it has the factory Kendwood Radio .. the LED display stays on even if the radio itself is off .. does anyone know if that is normal or am I missing on how to Power Off the unit completely ?

SteveP

Super Active Member
May 21, 2015
The radio my have two power leads, one for the radio itself and a second to maintain memory for the station presets, equalizer, etc. If you don't mind losing those settings you can pull the fuse or install a switch to both power leads. Personally I would install a switch at the battery to kill all parasitic draws.

LilRed

Super Active Member
Jan 9, 2021
Long Island NY
I usually take the faceplate off the unit (or leave it ejected) to prevent drain. Officially, the demo mode is a pain, and is a very parasitic drain.

1652128266381.png

Dugk44

Apr 17, 2022
I usually take the faceplate off the unit (or leave it ejected) to prevent drain. Officially, the demo mode is a pain, and is a very parasitic drain.

View attachment 83615
Removing the faceplate won't stop the memory wire (usually blue) from drawing power, though. Which is why you would still have all your pre-set's when you reattached the face. I don't think it's anywhere near the draw the power wire is. But still a draw. That is, if it's the same as car audio.

Tom and Teresa

Jun 18, 2019
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Question I have a 2018 Rockwood 214HW .. it has the factory Kendwood Radio .. the LED display stays on even if the radio itself is off .. does anyone know if that is normal or am I missing on how to Power Off the unit completely ?
We have the same model, but a 2016. We push (and hold for a couple seconds) the top left button and that turns off the entire radio so there are no lights shining.

Tom and Teresa

Jun 18, 2019
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
We have a 2016 same model. Just push and hold the top left button and it will turn the entire thing off.