Key hole blocked

Discussion in 'Campsite Security & Safety' started by Lei Zhao, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Fuzzy Bear

Fuzzy Bear Active Member

Nice job in making the key, the "blocked" keyhole is, as was mentioned above, just a dust shutter that had been painted over. I will ask that you don't tell people how easy it was to make your own key, it's bad for my business (I'm a locksmith) ;) All the locks should be lubricated at least once a year. As was said lock-eze is a good product, but even some WD40 sprayed into the keyhole will significantly extend the life of a lock.

Lei Zhao and jmkay1 like this.
  2. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

I'm sure you can find cheaper but these guys offer an excellent selection of options and sizes for replacement locks. I also read on Popup Explorer some time back someone had replaced all their cam locks with combination locks.

3. Lei Zhao

Lei Zhao Member

LOL. thanks for the advice of lock-eze. Make a key is not easy, because most locks are hard to be disassembled.[:)C]

4. Lei Zhao

Lei Zhao Member

I was not planning to replace those cam locks. At the beginning, I just wanted to open the locked shower bay. My key didn't unlock it, but turn the latch at small angle, I dragged the door open. To avoid the trouble once more, I take the lock off.

My task should finished. but I had a boring zoom meeting later.[:D] I disassembled the lock, and cut a old giftcard for a key during the meeting.[Guitar][Guitar][Guitar] And more, I took other 2 cam locks off, and post photos here. Eventually, I bought a blank key, and made a real key. With helps from you guys, I cleaned the other 2 locks, and found they share the same key.[LOL][LOL][LOL][LOL][LOL]. None of these was planned.

Sjm9911 likes this.