Killens Pond SP? Has anyone been there since they put in the Water Park?

Discussion in 'Delaware' started by JeepMama, Jun 25, 2012.

1. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

I am trying to pin Jeepin Dad down to a Labor Day Weekend camping trip.

Most of the trips we've had this season have been off roading related - we even have more reserved for off-roading.

I'd like to take the kids to this newly developed water park by Killens Pond State Park in Delaware. We have friends, with kids who moved down that way. The boys would love to see them and I would like to try a Delaware SP.

Has anyone been to Killens Pond? Before the water park? After? Any site recommendations?

here is the website: http://www.destateparks.com/park/killens-pond/water-park/index.asp

2. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

We stay at Killens Pond each year for the race in Dover. The park is very nice and the sites we had were mostly level. the bath house was always kept clean. We have stayed in E7 as it is close to the bath house, next year we will stay in E9 as it seems to have more privacy. The park was full all the while we were there. We did some geocaching while there and the trails are nice and go around the large pond. The water park was not open during our stay, but we did see it while we were walking around and it looked like it would be lots of fun for kids. I am sure you and the kids would enjoy Killens Pond, just don't go during a Nascar race as the park is full of race fans.