Kings Mountain State Park Site Suggestions

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by Chuck2009, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Chuck2009

Chuck2009 Nights Camped this year so far: 16

You guys are always awesome about site suggestions...

Going to Kings Mountain SP maybe sometime in Aug or Sept.....any site suggestions?

Thanks for any help

2. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

I believe 18 was the site we will be using the next time we go, very large and tucked away on a small outside loop. there was another I think 92-97 that were nice and secluded but would quess there would be more traffic passing. we have only been there once but loved the place. Make sure you hit the farm, and if your up for a hard hike check out Crowder Mt. of course dont miss the military park.

3. Chuck2009

Chuck2009 Nights Camped this year so far: 16

Awesome...thanks.

I've done the Military Park, we camped at the Primitive area with our Scout troop and did the Military Park. We had to check-in at the campground and we didn't have time to run through the campground to see the sites, which is what I like to do so I can mark them down so when I want to come back.

So thanks for the info.

4. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

We camp at Kings Mountain often. We try to get somewhere in loop 2, preferably from sites 33 to 45.Sites from around 45 up to around 58 are on a hill. Loop 1and 3 are good too, other than sites 12-20, which are off to themselves in a small loop. The other side of the campground, loop 4, has the tent campers, and some spots are less level. Heavy rain may cause some drainage problems there. We will be camping there in early October. Have several albums from Kings Mountain SP in my Webshots.
    Hope you have a great trip!

5. Wysiwyg

Wysiwyg "Failure is not an option"

Just got back from King's Mountain! We stayed in site 67. Not too bad but there are larger ones. We stayed on 92 last fall. Huge, private and not level. We used every block we had to get level. Looked around a bit and like sites in the 40s. I like site 52 personally. We will be back in the fall. Love to meet some of you guys!