Klondike RV Park Soldotna, AK

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by generok, Jun 2, 2013.

1. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Stayed a night at Klondike RV Park in Soldotna, AK. The sites, about 35, all have full hook ups, are level and the ones in the front row are semi private. The other two rows have actual grass, but no trees between the sites. The restrooms were VERY clean and I liked the fact the door had a combo lock versus a key to constantly misplace. There was a nice dog walk area behind the campground and our pet was very welcome. The sites all had a table. You may want to be sure you can go at least 25' with your hookups as some of the sites are pretty deep and the utilities are at the front of the site. Their water pressure is VERY high, so bring a regulator too. 30 and 15 amp service was everywhere I looked. Not sure on 50 amp service. Folks were very friendly and the site is pretty quiet. All in all I'd go again!

2. generok

Here's a picture of our site.
    [​IMG]

3. generok

Update 2019: Okay. The CG overall is very clean, well maintained and has plenty of space between sites, which is rare. The problem THIS visit was our specific site... #35. We had literally 30 feet feet from our door to Funny River Rd, which is busy all the time at 45mph. The traffic noise was high and there is no barricade like a fence, shrubs or a tree between us. If you were a motohome and you could PULL in, at least you'd have your road side to the ROAD, but if you have to back in, it's not a great site at all. Don't get me wrong, each site is level, clean, and had great hook ups, but that particular site was horrible. Folks are really nice, but place was full, so nowhere to move to. Funny thing is, we made those reservations in February, so you'd think we'd be further in. I'm not saying I would never go there again, but I WOULD specify NOT to have spot 35 or I will demand a refund.