knoebels memorial day weekend - review

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by steved26, Jun 4, 2015.

1. steved26

steved26 Member

well this was one of the best trips we have had. the sites in texas were very tight. our site was on a somewhat of a hill so the bal leverer worked out great. Our site was small but adequate. The other sites are close together. Very easy walk to the park (5 minutes or less from our texas 5 site) and check in and check out went very smooth. It wasn't far to the bath house which was good, there aren't seats on the toilets but they were clean. The showers were never full and they are big and set up nicely. also had a washer and dryer. There is electric but no water at the sites. The daily garbage pick up at the camp site was nice as well (so you don't have to drag your garbage and find a dumpster) Overall, the experience it self was great. We had fun camping and the park was nice (prices were very reasonable. They allow you to take in your own food, drinks and you may bring your pets. We will definitely come here again! dont forget to book the same spot for the next yr when you checkout. they said they will send out a reminder in feb and expect payment in about a month later.
    steve

2. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Awesome! Thanks for the review. We plan to camp there later this summer.

EDIT: WHOA, WHOA WHOA!!! No seats on the toilets!!!!!!????? Explain please!

3. gruss

gruss Active Member

No seats?? [LOL]

4. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

This might take hovering to a whole new meaning!

5. mrjam2jab

mrjam2jab Member

No seats...but they still work just fine. If my skinny butt doesn't fall in noone should have a problem. [:D]

6. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Re: knoebels NO SEATS ON THE TOILETS!

I got my reservations for a Thursday- Sunday in August. Looking at the campground map, the bath houses are pretty far away... thank goodness we have a bathroom in our camper!

7. fletcher4pa

fletcher4pa Member

Had to laugh at the no seats reactions. Mine were exactly the same when we started going there years ago. We had very tiny children and we had to turn them around backwards on the throne to keep them up. I suppose the seats would just be more crevices and such to clean. It's a bit cold sitting on the porcelain but every time we've been there they have been so clean that after a bit you don't think much about it. I don't think their toilets were ever designed to use a seat with.
    Kathy

8. pasnowlady

pasnowlady Member

I think the toilets are actually design to be seatless, as the seat area is not as low or narrow as my toilet at home with the seat raised. Sometimes you see them the same in airports with stainless toilets.