KOA Lynden/Bellingham

Discussion in 'Washington' started by Desertbenny, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Desertbenny

Desertbenny New Member

Spent the week at the KOA in Lynden, Wa. We made reservations a couple of months ago but had no idea that the week we picked was the same week as the Lynden fair. We showed up on Monday at about 1:30 in the afternoon to a packed and busy campground. Check in was easy, staff were very pleasant and we were given the map to our site. We made reservations to one of the plug in sites on the lake and were a little perplexed looking at the map as our site wasn't really on the water. When we pulled up to the spot, it looked like we were in for a close up with our neighbor experience. Once in the spot however, we realized we had one of the better spots as it put our door facing away from all the other spots and we had lots of room in our front yard. We were across from all the long term residents so it was quiet over there. Granted we missed out on the water front view but it's really just a bunch of RV's crammed around a lake anyways. The campground as a whole is clean and well maintained. Noise level was normal for a family friendly RV park with a playground and pool. One morning we were greeted with what sounded like a chainsaw but was a kid testing his 2 stroke scooter at full throttle. About 20 minutes before he was shut down. In the end, it was a decent experience and I was able to relax. 96B was a great shady spot after all. Only downfall is that it is a walk to the shower point. The owls at night are pretty entertaining as well. Mosquitoes were light, weather was great and the neighbors were quiet. Would stay there again if I had too.

2. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Sounds like an ok spot to camp at. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

3. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Glad you had a nice time! Sometimes just getting away and relaxing in a nice site is enough for us! I don't mind the walk to the bath houses! Sometimes that's the only exercise I get when in down time!!!