KS- Hillsboro Cove

Discussion in 'Kansas' started by bballjones23, Jun 1, 2007.

1. bballjones23

bballjones23 New Member

Has anyone ever camped at Hillsboro COve campground before? What about Cheney State Park? Trying to plan the family vacation & have never been there but will probably have to stay a night somewhere in that area of Kansas & am looking for suggestions.

2. duck1973

duck1973 Member

Have never stayed at Hillsboro but have at Cheney Lake. Some nice spots at Cheney but if you plan on using the lake that is the dirtiest lake I have ever seen. If your just camping and don't care about the lake there are some pretty nice spots on the north or northeast side of the lake.

I do most of my camping at Kanopolis and definitely a nicer lake.

3. BajaPup

BajaPup New Member

I think we're a little late to help our friend from 2007, but Wilson Lake is one of the nicest ones I've seen in Kansas. Anyone looking for a campground around I-70 in western Kansas should consider it.

http://www.wilsonks.com/wilson_lake.htm

4. RonB

RonB New Member

I know this is late to the first post, but we camped at Cheney State Park and Lake quite a few times when we lived in Wichita. Nice campgrounds. We used to ones on the south side of the lake the most because they had the best developed trees. Good accommodations with shower houses, a standard motor marina and a pretty cool sailing marina. Cheney is one of the top small sailing lakes in the mid west.

RonB